RSK RAW is one of the leading specialists in inland oil spill response and remediation, operating across the world from our offices in the UK, Ireland and Overseas.
Environmental Technician -Salisbury
We are currently looking for an Environmental Technician to join our team based in Salisbury. This role will involve working on oil pollution and contaminated land investigations across Southern England.
The successful candidate will have a science based degree or site-based project administration experience and, preferably, up to one years’ experience in a similar role.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Project fieldwork including soil, air and water sampling and logging
- Sample processing including labelling and record keeping, dispatch of samples, and liaison with the laboratory,
- Project administration requiring excellent attention to detail, including management of electronic files, document registers and drawings
- Some liaison with landowners, regulatory authorities and sub-contractors
- Working closely with technical and project management colleagues
- Basic health and safety understanding / competence (CSCS card or similar an advantage)
A full UK/EU driving licence is essential for this role.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary between £18,000 and £25,000 depending on experience.
- Contributory pension scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private healthcare
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Listed a being as one ofthe top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst)and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer