Job descriptionJob Title
Environmental/Sustainability Advisor, also interested in Environmental Managers
South Yorkshire commutable from York, Doncaster, Leeds, Sheffield, Rotherham and Scunthorpe.
Salary / Benefits
£30,000 - £38,000, negotiable dependant on experience. plus package
Working for a fast paced principal Rail & Civils contractor to cover various projects in South Yorkshire
To be suitable for the position you must have
Have previous experience in a similar role (Environmental/Sustainability) ideally in Construction or Rail. A degree in Environmental Services or relevant Environmental Qualifications. Have practical experience of effective implementation of ISO14001. Experience of liaising with local authorities, the general public and the client is essential. Production of environmental standards and site specific environmental management. Proficient in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Good communication and organisational skills. Membership to IEMA (MIEMA/FIEMA Desired)
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- NEBOSH Environmental
- Rail/Construction Experience.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans
- Develop and implement environmental management system, ISO 14001
- Promote and raise awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Write environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company
- Carry out impact assessments to identify and reduce an organisation's environmental risks and costs
- Set organisational sustainability targets, and develop plans to meet targets and oversee their delivery
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Source : Navartis