Peabody has a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Operative (Grounds Maint) to join the team based in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £19,500 - £22,000 per annum.
About the role:
As our Environmental Operative (Grounds Maint) you will provide excellent front line customer service by providing environmental services to the community of Thamesmead to ensure a clean and safe and well maintained environment.
Key duties of our Environmental Operative (Grounds Maint):
- Carry out bed maintenance, including leaf removal, weeding and pruning and a variety of soft and hard landscape maintenance with hand tools or machines
- Carry out grass to cutting, both with hand machines and ride-on machines
- Remove leaves from both hard and soft landscapes areas
- Remove litter from both hard and soft landscape areas including bins
- Carry out weed and pest control
- Assist with the waterways when required
- Assist park-mobile when required
- Assist the tree gangs when required
- Ensure that paths are salted where and when appropriate and participate in the snow clearance
- Wear all protective clothing and uniform provided
- Ensure that Peabody H&S requirements as a landlord, as a service provider and as an employee are adhered to
What we’re looking for in our Environmental Operative (Grounds Maint):
- Basic literacy skills desirable or ability to undertake training
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the work place, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas
- General knowledge relating to landscaping supported either by qualification or significant experience
-Ability to carry out environmental works as contained in the job description paying attention to the very physical nature of the work and working in cold and dirty conditions
- General experience of environmental works in landscaping field
- Practical experience supported by the ability to develop and undertake training
- Ability to use all communication equipment
- Demonstrates practical experience in the use of a wide range of powered equipment with the ability to train as and when required
- Competent driver with a full valid driving licence is essential along with the ability to drive to min 3500Kg
- Horticultural qualifications gained through short modular route or formal training
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Environmental Operative (Grounds Maint) please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Closing Date: 12th July 2019
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST