The role of Environmental & Sustainability Manager (Central Region) is within our Health, Safety and Sustainability (HS&S) Department that provides assurance to our construction Divisions that all internal and external compliance standards are being adopted. The HS&S team comprises a significant number of staff that support our construction Divisions meet legislative requirements and also supports Divisions in implementing environmental and sustainability best practices so as to realise commercial as well as environmental benefits.
GallifordTry has a team of Regional Environmental Managers as well as Group Environmental Manager and the role of Environmental Manager (Central Scotland/NE England) reports directly to the Group Environmental Manager. The Environmental Manager (Central Scotland/NE England) will be expected to develop close yet independent working relationships with all operational construction teams within the scope of the role as well as to support and guide a regional team of Health, Safety and Sustainability Advisors. Additionally, the Environmental Manager (Central Scotland/NE England) will also be expected to represent GallifordTry at a number of relevant industry forums to enable the identification and dissemination of forthcoming legal requirements and best practice initiatives.
- Develop, maintain and ensure implementation of Company environmental and sustainability standards
- Monitor environmental and sustainability performance against Company standards and procedures
- Support the Group Environmental Manager in setting the agenda for Company environmental compliance
- Support the Group Environmental Manager develop objectives to improve environmental performance
- Assist construction teams to continually improve environmental and sustainability performance
- Represent Galliford Try at appropriate industry bodies.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Preferably a Degree and / or post graduate degree qualification in an environmentally related discipline
- Experience within the construction industry is preferable
- Ability to be self-motivated and proven track record of being a self-starter
- Ability to be able to write succinct, informative and grammatical sound reports
- Willingness to be highly mobile as the role involves extensive travel to construction sites across the south and south west region
- Strong interpersonal skills.
We offer an opportunity to workon some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-pacedenvironment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitivesalary and benefits package and we will always consider flexibleworking hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s mostformidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated,progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for ourstakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’slives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need,providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, workingwith our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring forthe environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values,delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate aboutour role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of ourbusiness by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supplychain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractorsyou’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projectsoffering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities andrealise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at ahigh professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UKcontractor, our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public,regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation forproviding whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and anability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Tryor the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments:Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and IntegratedSolutions.
Our Building Business:
The BuildingDivision works across health, education, defence and commercial markets, with awell-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensiveexperience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand ourclients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass theirexpectations.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community