- Requisition ID: 223050, Environmental Consents Specialist
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Project: NS&E UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Environmental Consents Specialist will have a direct reporting line to the Project Environmental/Sustainability Manager and a matrix reporting line to the GBU’s Environmental Services Manager.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the Programme Environmental Consents Plan and Permissions matrix.
- Provides technical input in support of customer consent applications for projects including Environmental consents, Marine permits, Listed Building Consent and the Environmental aspects of Planning Applications / Development Consent orders
- Maintains relationships with internal functions (e.g., Engineering, Procurement/Contracts and Construction), customer, contractors and consultants’ representatives to coordinate technical/scientific issues to support permit applications
- Maintains contact, as appropriate, with regulatory agencies to obtain current information on new regulations, technical requirements and standards and to expedite consents
- Works directly with other programme and project functional leads to assist them in integrating and/or addressing the applicable environmental permit requirements in their work products and activities.
- Responsible to manage consultants supporting permit applications
- Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of environmental permit requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
- Conducts environmental permit compliance inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with environmental permit requirements.
- Degree-level qualification in Environmental Management or related technical discipline.
- Professional member (or Working towards professional membership) of IEMA or equivalent
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Significant UK experience in Environmental consents and permitting for construction including in the marine environment
- Experience of liaison with UK Environmental regulators
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of environmental subcontractors or consultants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK Environmental laws/regulations and Best Available Techniques for minimizing potential Environmental impacts during project execution
- Skill in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports and training.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s ES&H policies and procedures
- Experience in environmental monitoring and compliance inspection during construction.
- Knowledge of marine work, hazardous materials and waste management, erosion and sediment control methods
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.