Are you an experienced Environmental and health and safety professional looking to take on a new challenge?
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor for our team, working 37 hours a week in the South East.
In return for your hard work as our Environmental Advisor, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefit.
The ideal Environmental Advisor:
- Experience in a specialist Environmental role advising a business on systems and processes and/or have had a front-line Environmental responsibility
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistics and reporting of H&S metrics and an ability to draw conclusions from statistical analysis.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- Full UK driving licence and able and willing to travel across the operational area
Environmental Advisor Role:
- Assisting with the preparation of Environment strategies and ensuring the management system reflects the stated Environment policy document
- Ensuring that the management systems are risk focused and implemented consistently
- Identifying where improvements to the management system are required, and prioritising the changes on the basis of risk
- Supporting the business in the event of environmental incidents, including fulfilling a role as part of the company's emergency response team
- Support the business to investigate incidents, including technical advice and guidance to identify root cause and practical actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor, review and recommend system improvements driven by information using leading indicators, leadership skills and core values and competencies
- Undertaking formal inspections and reviews of functional activities to ensure the Environment management system is operating in accordance with its aims and objectives
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Environmental Advisor.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.