Insider is looking for a confident, enthusiastic reporter to join our entertainment team in London.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of all things entertainment, from movies, music, and TV shows to celebrities, award shows, and Hollywood. They will also be up to speed on the topics and people that are of particular interest to our global and US audience.
In this role, you'll be called on to write visual features, quick aggregated posts, and in-depth feature stories, among other things. If you'd be excited to spend your days writing about Marvel, Netflix, true crime, and the Kardashians, this could be the job for you.
Our style is smart, conversational, and geared toward a general audience. The entertainment reporter in this role will need to cover breaking stories in their beat and translate their insider knowledge to our mainstream readers.
The position would be perfect for someone who wants to write stories like these:
- 15 celebrities who played multiple characters in the same movie or TV show
- Shia LaBeouf says a costar with Down syndrome saved him after problems with alcohol resulted in his arrest
- 4 pieces of modern technology that Quentin Tarantino refuses to use, from email to Netflix
- Nick Jonas says that opening up to his fans about his diabetes 'helps me actually feel like I'm not alone'
- 30 details you may have missed in Netflix's 'Breaking Bad' movie
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in journalism and one to three years of experience working at a digital publication
- Strong writing samples, ideally on the entertainment beat, showing a mix of news and feature writing skills
- An obsession with all things entertainment and celebrity
- A self-starter attitude and strong organisational skills
- A love of Insider and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- A knowledge of social media and SEO
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
APPLY NOW with a CV and cover letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. Please include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.