Enterprise Solution Project Manager (Scientific Software, UK, Germany)
Remotely based in the UK or Germany
The client is a market leader in enterprise software packages used in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
As a key member of the International Professional Services Team, the Project Manager (Enterprise Software) will play a key role in the delivery of enterprise software solutions for our global customers. The successful candidate will work closely with our solution architects, sales, technical Professional Services team, and key account executives to ensure the successful project implementation.
Duties include managing the client relationship, from the beginning of the accepted software project to its completion, working closely with the client and internal team to ensure project progress and maintain constant open communication:
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional resources to deliver against the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Identify risks/ issues and escalate to the necessary and appropriate team members and stakeholders
- Review and analyze project scope and manage client expectations
- Contribute to the definition and monitoring of key metrics during delivery
- Prepare project schedules, resource plans, budgets, proposals, client-facing and internal status reports, as required
- Track and review project budget vs. actual project costs
- Manage conflict in a professional manner and exercise escalation process when needed
- Lead, develop and implement good project practices, including but not limited to: project planning, project resource management, project tracking, project reviews & updates (internal and external with all appropriate stakeholders), project documentation, project implementation, and project closure activities
- Project documentation will be kept up to date, stored in an assigned central location and shared with colleagues
- Travel as required to build/ maintain client satisfaction. Offsite meetings with colleagues and customers are an integral part of the project tasks that need to be executed
A successful candidate should have more than 5 years industrial experience in project management, preferably obtained within an enterprise software environment. The candidate should also have a good understanding of administrative and procedural issues for application management and deployment in global companies. The candidate should have knowledge of procedures and software that are regulated by government controls.
Experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries is desirable. Prior knowledge and experience of Company software solutions would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will be a proactive individual who enjoys and excels at problem solving, and demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- PMP designation or interest in pursuing
- familiarity with Microsoft Windows desktop and server support and administration
- familiarity with Oracle or other relational database systems
- familiarity with one or more other operating systems including SUN Solaris, HP-UX
- 25-30% international travel
- depending on qualifications