PermanentFull Time/Part Time-
Enterprise Architect EUC - IT Infrastructure & Operations required you will be reporting to the Lead Enterprise Architect for IT Infrastructure & Operations, You will responsible for IT architecture, roadmap and principles that will guide the development of the End User Computing services within the overall IT estate.
• Production and maintenance of the IT strategy, principles & policies specific to the End User Computing services.
• Production and maintenance of IT roadmap & associated target architectures specific to the End User Computing services.
• Quality assurance of all Enterprise Architecture deliverables specific to the End User Computing services.
• Contribute to the knowledge base of the Group’s Enterprise Architecture, including models and architectural views of supporting End User Computing services.
• Provide consultancy support to strategic decision making through the use of architectural models.
• Definition of baseline and target architectures, across the End User Computing services, in support of strategic initiatives.
• Devise solutions against agreed principles, patterns, policies and standards.
• Assess and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of proposed solution options.
• Assure solution estimates for input to Investment Proposals.
• Act as a member of the overall architecture community.
• Research and keep abreast of technology trends and changes across the End User Computing services.
This role does not have any direct line management responsibility.
The role will also need to work with and support other teams across Innovation such as the Digital, Business Change, Data and Technology teams.
There will be a requirement to liaise with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to effectively maintain and communicate the status of strategy, roadmap and principles that will guide the development of the End User Computing services.
Financial & Legal Responsibilities
No financial budget responsibility for this role.
This role is based in the UK and there will be a requirement for occasional travel to other RS offices within the UK and occasional travel to our other country and supplier offices around the world. Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
• A proven understanding and experience of architecture frameworks, e.g. TOGAF or COBIT. A minimum of ten years of working within an architectural framework.
• A natural big picture thinker with an understanding of the key elements of strategy and business outcome oriented delivery, in order to be able to translate strategic/business intent into enterprise target architectures.
• Experience of modelling and communicating architectures, including target and current states, maturity and gap analysis, and the use of reference models.
• Experience of modelling and articulating sequencing options and transition architectures based upon business value.
• Experience of creating and maintaining an IT Strategy related to End User Computing services and a coherent set of architectural principles and policies.
• Demonstrable experience of defining baseline and target architectures, across End User Computing services, and the ability to explain how they support strategic initiatives.
• Ability to communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of proposed solution options.
• Educated to degree-level or equivalent in a relevant subject, or equivalent by experience.
• Extensive experience of End User Computing services.
• A minimum of 15 years relevant IT experience.
• ITIL Foundation