RSK Environment Ltd, a member of the RSK Group plc, includes a Materials & Structures department based in Hemel Hempstead that provides specialist inspection, surveying and investigation services into the built environment. The department also includes a UKAS-accredited materials-testing laboratory, which enables us to provide a full in house service for evaluating engineering properties and condition factors of construction materials and provide our clients with detailed assessment reports and guidance.
Engineering Technician – Hemel Hempstead
- Working in a department that operates in the field of Civil/Structural Engineering
- Work will be both office and site based, with site work mainly in the south-east but can be nationwide
- Suitable training will be afforded to enable you to conduct work in a safe and professional manner
- Some physical work will be required such as loading vans, carrying and operating equipment so physical fitness is required
- Working at height and in confined spaces may be required (training provided, but experience a benefit)
- Anti-social hours sometimes required (night-time/ weekends)
- An interest in developing a career as an engineering technician in the Construction Industry is essential
- Working as part of a team is essential, assisting with the inspection and testing of bridges, buildings and other engineering structures
- Good maths, science and computer skills will be an advantage.
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
- £depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Listed a being as one ofthe top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst)and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer