Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant proceedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
• Act as a representative of Mitie carrying out work as detailed by the Operations Manager
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner in support of our customers and work colleagues
• Operational responsibility to deliver a first class service and meeting the required profit margins upon the contracted and reactive works, from the customers.
• To ensure all works are delivered on time and to the agreed specification.
• Delegate work to Shift and day engineering teams, in conjunction with the Service Desk Administration Team and Senior Managers.
• Training the shift teams as required including delivering Tool box talks and team briefs
• Checking paperwork and service standards completed by shift teams
• Carry out allocated service work within agreed time schedules, adhering to the Mitie Maintenance Quality Management System and quality policy, and to the relevant industry guidelines and customer specifications.
• Complete reports and paperwork as instructed by the Operations Manager
• Take responsibility for your own training needs and bring them to the attention of the Operatons Manager.
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation, specific company requirements approved by the Health & Safety Executive and the latest regulations and codes of good practice
• To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
• To ensure compliance with the MITIE Maintenance Quality Management System as it applies to this position.
• Assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that all Statutory and Legislative requirements are achieved/adhered to for the site
• To ensure clients operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Obtain appropriate authorisation for access into restricted areas from the client’s representative as and when required.
• To ensure compliance with MITIE and Client confidentiality policies
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance on engineering services as required.
• Procure materials and equipment to carry out works.
• To organise and supervise sub-contractor as and when required.
• Ensure worksheets are completed for works undertaken and obtain authorisation from the Clients representative.
• Advise Client of minor additional works, compile estimates and submit through Service Desk/ Operations Manager
• Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration.
• BS7671 Electrical Regulations
• Ideally served a recognised trade training scheme
• Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract
• IOSH Managing safely
• Customer care/relationship building skills
• Able to work as a member of a team
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Able to conduct surveys throughout client sites
• Able to deal directly with customers in a professional manner and represent the company
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security policies, standards and procedures
• Report actual and suspected security incidents to the Information Security team
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.