With expertise spanning the Commercial and Defence sectors, Teledyne e2v pioneers industry-leading innovation and technology around the world. We provide standard and custom RF and Semiconductor solutions that meet our customers’ exacting performance needs and specification requirements. Our unique approach to the market and our genuine understanding of the application challenges that can occur – from initial concept right through to manufacture – enable us to help our customers optimize their system’s performance, reliability and cost of ownership
The successful candidate will be part of a team who engage in maintaining, repairing and upgrading production equipment and jigs used for the manufacture of RF products. These equipments are many and varied and include furnaces, shot blasters, vacuum systems test equipment (Inc. high voltage), welders and laboratory equipment.
The successful applicants responsibilities would include:
- Organisation and prioritisation of own workload.
- Use good health and safety practices at all times.
- Support the equipment build and calibration teams.
- Assist with apprentice training.
- Identify needs for preventative maintenance and implement.
- Carry out regular scheduled safety inspections and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Carry out reactive breakdown maintenance.
- Assist in sourcing of spare parts for equipment and setting up spares stocks.
- Mechanical fabrication of components for equipment repairs.
- Suggest and implement equipment improvements.
- Assist production engineers with technical support regarding equipment.
- Assist with producing risk and COSHH assessments.
- Identify equipment requiring replacement and feed in to capital budgets.
- Provide progress regular updates to their manager.
Skill, experience or qualifications that will be essential:
- Technical/engineering/craftsperson apprenticeship.
- HNC in an engineering discipline.
- Good communication skills
- Good health, safety and housekeeping practices.
- Ability to work from detailed technical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work within deadlines and budgets
- Electrical fault finding.
- Fault finding of mechanical systems.
Skill, experience and qualifications that are desirable:
- Previous experience of working in a maintenance environment.
- Basic pipefitting knowledge.
- Pneumatic design and fault finding.
- Three phase and high voltage electrical.
- Basic sheet metal fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge and/or training in PLC fault finding or programming (Mitsubishi).
- Use and programming of temperature controllers (Eurotherm).
- Competent I.T. skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- High attention to detail and quality.
- Takes a proactive approach to new working practices and techniques.
- Has energy, confidence and builds effective relationships.
- Boundary less approach and prepared to challenge the norm.
- Customer focussed.
- Takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Keen to learn new skills and techniques from fellow team members.