Engagement and Partnership Lead
Benefits: WVSCs auto-enrolment pension, 29 annual days’ leave and 8 bank holidays
Location: Wolverhampton with other Black Country/West Birmingham bases as required
The 5 Councils for Voluntary Service across the Black Country and West Birmingham, working with the Black Country and West Birmingham Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP -including local NHS and Councils) are recruiting an Engagement and Partnership Lead.
This role will support engagement of the Voluntary and Community Sector across the Black Country and West Birmingham with the current Sustainability and Transformation Partnership as it seeks to become a recognised Integrated Care System.
Working within the existing partnership between the five Councils for Voluntary Service in the Black Country and West Birmingham, this role will be pivotal in ensuring that the wider VCS reaches its potential as a key strategic and delivery partner within the ICS.
· Developing excellent relationships with programme stakeholders
· Encouraging the Partnership to consider new and innovative approaches to working closely with the VCS
· Organising and facilitating consultation events including sessions with STP/ICS colleagues from outside the sector
· Presenting to Board and groups within the STP/ICS
· Work with key VCS stakeholders and partners to develop the wider capacity of the VCS to play a full role in the STP/ICS
· Work with partners and national bodies to identify additional opportunities and resources, including drafting bids if required.
· Develop excellent robust partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels
· Ensure effective networks are created and maintained
· Ensure stakeholders are kept informed of progress, pre-empting their request for feedback and consulting with them on queries in a prompt and professional manner.
· Ensure changes within the STP/ICS on behalf of the VCS are in line with national policy and ensure that the programme maximises the use of national opportunities
· Provide overall line management should this become required including developing and nurturing a culture of mentorship and openness. Ensure the principles of openness, transparency and candour are observed and upheld in all working practices.
· To perform and ensure the discharge of administrative duties relevant to the post, including maintaining accurate records on organisational data collection systems where appropriate.
· Attending STP/ICS events including webinars and other information sharing forums
· Develop a culture that promotes equality and values diversity.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience (must be able to demonstrate ability to have the capacity/experience to take on a senior management role)
· An understanding of, and experience working with, the voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise sector
· The post holder must be aware of and committed to the Equality and Diversity policies of BCT and the employing organisation.
· Ability to establish credibility and maintain relationships with colleagues from front line staff to very senior stakeholders.
· Excellent relationship building skills - we are looking for a natural collaborator.
· Experience of consensus building and understanding of power.
· Be able to interpret and communicate complex information to a range of audiences
· Excellent planning and organisational skills. Good analytical skills and a practical approach to problem-solving.
· Be a strategic thinker and collaborator
· The willingness and ability to travel regularly across the Sub region is essential
Closing date for this post will be Thursday 23rd July at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on 4th August.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce, including applicants with additional language skills.
We have a strong commitment to safeguarding and use approved safer recruitment processes which include appropriate DBS checks.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Activation Engagement Manager, University, PR, Higher Education, Marketing, Social Media, Promotions, Marketing Manager, PR Manager, Management, School, College, University, Voluntary, Charity, Fundraising, Stakeholder Engagement, Stakeholder Management, Senior Management, Business Management, Strategic Management