Do you want to support biopharma drug development or commercialisation strategy? Are you a highly motivated professional looking to leverage your experience into a valuable career? Prescient is looking for seasoned consultants to join us as Engagement Managers for our growing Advisory business in London. Do you have experience in and a passion for:
- Leading and growing client accounts?
- Supporting highly complex biosimilars, oncology or immunology projects?
- Delivering solutions based on your knowledge of the evolving EU/US biopharma market and trends?
- Mentoring and developing account teams by using your core consultancy skills?
If so, consider turning your expertise into a valuable career at Prescient.
About Prescient Advisory
Prescient Advisory, a Prescient Healthcare Group business, is a specialist advisory firm focused on helping biopharmaceutical clients create clinical and commercial strategies that deliver differentiated and valuable brands. Our experts with PhDs, MDs and MBAs combine deep therapeutic and functional expertise with a passion for helping develop, launch and market medicines that expand treatment options, optimise patient outcomes and deliver high levels of return.
About the Opportunity
As an Engagement Manager, your time will be divided as follows:
- 60% project delivery
- 20% client business development (mixture of existing and new clients)
- 20% Advisory business growth and team-development activities
You will be part of a fast-growing PE-backed business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and be part of our leadership team. You will have the chance to channel your advanced degree into strategising the development and commercialisation of portfolios, assets and brands by integrating therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise to ensure that clients are able to make confident decisions.
You will join a start-up team with an established client base and play an important role in developing and implementing its growth strategy. You will be responsible for executing successful advisory engagements across our clients’ product and company life cycles, and for growing revenue within both new and existing accounts. As your clients will mainly be in Europe and/or the US, the Engagement Manager position requires a thorough understanding of evolving biopharma trends in these markets. Many projects will also involve global client stakeholders; therefore, knowledge of drug development and commercialisation in other markets is also desirable.
- Reporting: You will report to the Global Head of our Advisory business
- Time Allocation: 75% of your time will be spent in office, with 25% in domestic or international travel (for client meetings, conferences and inter-office visits)
- Project Management: Ensure three-dimensional management of client engagements, including design, planning, client and people management, evidence collection, analysis and reporting
- Business Development: Seek out new business within existing accounts and pursue opportunities with new brands
- Client Management: Collaborate with other members of the project and account teams to ensure clients experience best-in-class customer service
- Subject Matter Expertise: Act as a valued subject matter expert externally, and mentor junior staff internally
- Thought Leadership: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and publish thought leadership content that has a meaningful impact on Prescient’s brand and business development activities
- Line Management: Mentor the members of the Advisory team by identifying their strengths and opportunities and supporting their development; ensure sustained focus on delivering concise insights that can create impact and be of value to our clients
Required Experience and Skills
- One or more of the following degrees: PhD in life sciences; MD; MS/MBA combination; MBA
- More than 5 years of professional experience, of which at least 3 years are in consulting
- Excellent business development skills to cultivate and grow existing client relationships; strong account management skills
- Exceptional framing and solution-forming skills
- Extensive experience leading and developing consulting account teams
- Confident communication skills to interact with clients on a peer-to-peer basis and provide subject matter expertise
What We Offer
- Competitive package and remuneration linked to performance
- Opportunity to manage pharmaceutical and biotech client accounts through tough business problems related to their portfolios, assets and brand strategies
- High-growth, entrepreneurial environment where you can create significant client and business value and forge your own path
- Platform for accelerated professional development and career growth with significant levels of responsibility and accountability
- Opportunity to manage extraordinary teams that are driven by personal learning and client impact
About Prescient Healthcare Group
At Prescient, science is at the core of everything we do. We are a biopharma product and portfolio strategy partner that specialises in turning the science of molecules into optimal patient outcomes and client value. Across therapeutic areas, we help develop winning strategies. When companies partner with us, a molecule in their hands has greater potential for success than the same science in the hands of their competitors.
Founded in 2007, Prescient is a partner with global reach and recognised capabilities, with six offices across three continents. Our team of more than 150 experts works with 22 of the top 25 biopharmaceutical companies, the fastest-growing mid-caps and cutting-edge emerging biotechs, including some of the biggest and most innovative brands. More than 80% of our employees hold advanced degrees, and our teams deliver an impressive depth of therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise, a wealth of relevant experience and knowledge of best practices and common pitfalls.
Prescient has been a portfolio company of Baird Capital since 2017. For more information, please visit: www.prescienthg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and fully comply with applicable legislation in all of the geographies in which we operate. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws.