Are you an experienced Financial or Accountancy professional looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Energy Settlements Analyst for our team in Exeter or Rochester.
Energy Settlements Analyst Role:
Joining our team as an Energy Settlements Analyst, you will support energy and renewables invoice settlement and validation. You will help improve energy settlement systems, processes and reporting and provide insight around the technical settlement of energy costs, providing a service and expertise to the PPM Team and across the business. Duties include:
- Support the delivery of the invoice validation services across the Viridor businesses, covering: Power and Natural Gas, Embedded Benefits, Third Party Costs/ Charges / Taxes and Energy Subsidies
- Provide strong financial support to management to help ensure that the relevant business area plans and results are met or exceeded
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of financial information and ensure financial governance and compliance is in place across the business.
- Delivering trade compliance checks as required by the Energy Risk Policy.
- Maintain positive stakeholder relationships particularly within the Finance area and represent the PPM team across the Group
Our ideal Energy Settlements Analyst will have:
- Knowledge and experience of energy settlements in some form
- Experience of financial analysis, successfully working within an area with technical complexity
- Experience of working within an energy supply business or energy generation business would be desirable
- Thorough knowledge of excel and business reporting system
- Degree qualified and ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or equivalent would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills alongside a high level of accuracy
- IT literate with experience and/or knowledge of integrated accounting systems and advanced spreadsheets
In return for your hard work as our Energy Settlements Analyst, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of other benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.