Role title: Energy Prepayment Administrator
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Colindale, London
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We're an award-winning fully-integrated utility business knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. We have experienced two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, and we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018. With 28 awards under our belt we are excited about the future ahead but we’re only just getting started!
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years. We may be a FTSE 250 company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family-feel!
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for people who have strong administration background and experience of working in a fast paced environment. To be successful in this role you’ll need:
Customer service skills with a natural ability to build rapport and empathise with both our internal team members and our specialist third party engineering partners
- The ability to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution
- Someone who loves to think differently about problems of all types, challenges assumptions, and throws themselves into creating new solutions.
- You’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
Working within the Payment Solutions department you will conduct a range of administration tasks, payment related queries and emergency requests. You will liaise with our specialist third party data partners, metering engineers and our prepayment customer base (via email). Other activities include:
- Analysing meter data, investigating payment and vending issues and initiating energy theft investigations
- Investigating change of occupier requests and multiple supplier queries
- Working closely with our Payment Support teams as well as third party industry partners and Customers to resolve any issues
- Update both internal systems and industry records with accurate data
- Analysing data uploads, corrections and making account updates where appropriate.
Our standard working week is 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
- Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?