Job Title: Energy Centre Operations & Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Position: Permanent, Full Time
The Company is one of the UK's market leaders in delivering centralised community energy projects. As a result of their continuing success they're experiencing rapid and extensive growth in all business sectors; as such they have an exceptional opportunity for an Energy Centre Operations & Maintenance Engineer based in the London area. They're looking for someone to undertake Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance in accordance with site procedures, rules and line management instructions.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for O&M activities is correct and complete for each site.
- Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
- Provide technical assistance to clients, contractors and work colleagues whilst fulfilling customer service requirements and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
- Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
- Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting
- Make effective recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Adopt company HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company's Management System. Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
- Undertake Subcontractor Management in line with the above
- Service and Maintain Energy Centres key components and to ensure the cleanliness of the EC
- Ensure the Energy Centres are Safe, Clean and Painted ready for any client Visitation at any time.
- Support all Department works, Servicing HIUs and reacting to HIU breakdowns when needed
- Full Installation/Replacement of Key equipment, such as Boilers, Pumps, Pressurisation Unit, Expansion Vessels, Hydraulic Interface Units etc.
- Site inspections to existing design projects to Advise and Support clients.
You will also be required to actively take part in the callout / standby rota. A full UK driving licence and a flexible approach to working practices and hours is essential.
You must have sound knowledge on:
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
- Commercial & domestic heating engineering operating & maintaining; industrial CHP, Steam, MTHW, LTHW boilers, gas, oil, biomass plant, absorption chillers/ air-conditioning plant, HVAC systems and associated distribution systems/ equipment, and plant monitoring systems (BMS, PMS).
- Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems
- Electronic maintenance systems with sound technical knowledge in fault finding and testing within a similar environment.
- Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to ND / City & Guilds/ NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
- Hold current CSCS card
- Ideally looking for additional qualifications that include:
- F-Gas - Air Source Heat Pumps - Commercial
- L8 compliance
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary (depending upon experience) + out of hour call outs
- Company van
- Company Pension Scheme
- Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
- 24 Days not including bank holidays
Due to the nature of the role the company will not be able to offer sponsorship or relocation and as such is only able to accept applications from candidates who already reside in, and have the right to work in, the UK.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Applications will be processed within 28 days of receipt. If you have not heard anything back within this time period it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and is opposed to all forms of discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Facilities and Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Facilities Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Gas Engineer may also be considered for this position.