- Confidently & competently advise managers on a range of Employee Relations issues
- Coach managers on policies, procedures and best practice
- Occasionally deliver training to line managers on site
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- Oversee absence management
- Work collaboratively with the wider HR function
- Build and develop professional relationships with line managers
The ideal candidate will:
- Live locally to Rickmansworth/ Watford
- Be CIPD Qualified (Level 5) - ideal but not essential
- Be confident (especially over the phone) coaching and advising managers on ER issues
- Be comfortable working at pace and in a high volume environment
- Be an effective communicator and great at building relationships
- Be able to work collaboratively within a team
25 days holiday plus Bank holidays, free parking, snacks in the office, and a competitive salary. There is a potential for the role to become permanent.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 250 Retail business based near Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire. They are currently recruiting an Employee Relations Specialist - 12 month FTC to join their wider HR team. Please note the hours are full time and there is parking available. There may also be occasional travel involved, however the majority of the role will involve remote coaching.