A bit about us:
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through.
More about the Employee Relations Manager - Southern Region role:
Reporting into the Southern People and Development Manager you will manage your team of Southern People and Development Advisors and work closely with the larger People and Development team, particularly recruitment, training and engagement.
The role is homebased however please note that the role does include travel to all southern outbases. The role is a 12 month FTC to be reviewed.
Here's what you can expect to be doing:
As our Employee Relations Manager - Southern Region you will be providing a first class P&D service to all Senior Managers, Managers and Employees across all Southern Outbases. You will;
- Remain up to date with current legislation and ensure policies and procedures are kept up to date
- Manage HR projects and oversee the implementation and roll out of new process
- Deliver training programmes to Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to enhance their people management in all HR processes
- Work with engagement to ensure that reward and recognition benefits are rolled out across the network in line with our company values and keeping employees engaged
What will I be expected to deliver as the Employee Relations Manager - Southern Region?
- Efficient performance of our People function directly relating to all ER
- Agreed KPI’s relating to caseload, evaluations, RTWs
- Develop Manager’s people management capabilities including coaching line managers and supervisors to act on HR issues such as absence and performance management effectively and efficiently
- Induct all new managers/supervisors on HR policies and processes, evaluating their progression and updating their line manager
A few things about you:
You will need to display a positive and proactive attitude for the Employee Relations Manager - Southern Region role, caring in what you do to ensure you, and the HR team, make it happen. Commercially astute, you will focus on the efficiency of the HR team and function while continually demonstrating a strong ability to think smart about what you do. You’ll be a confident negotiator and will be able to influence managers throughout the business by building a strong relationship and instilling confidence in your decision making.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a HR Advisory role with sound knowledge of current ER legislation
- Experience in warehousing/logistic industry would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Must have a full, clean UK driving licence
- CIPD Qualified to a minimum of Level 5
- Up to date on current ER legislation
Why choose AO:
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things:
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Employee Relations Manager - Southern Region apply now!