Employee Relations Manager
The strategic HR business partner (HRBP) will act as a trusted advisor to the functional business areas supporting approximately 500 employees.
This position requires an individual who has significant employee relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues and projects whilst using professionalism and discretion at all times.
Reporting to the Head of HR for EMEA, the Employee Relations Lead will partner with the wider team, L&D & Recruitment in recommending and implement various Human Resources programs and procedures in engaging and retaining top talent.
Employee Relations / Policy
- Employee Relations case oversight and allocation, including but not limited to end to end grievances, conduct and performance management cases
- Undertake workplace investigations in collaboration with the HR Generalists
- Partner closely with the HRBP team to provide expert advice on absenteeism issues
- Project/programme oversight and allocation, together with advice and supervision (Employee Relations aspects)
- Track, analyse and interpret Employee Relations metrics
- Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees.
- Proactively instigating change and continuous improvement in ways of working
- Working closely with the wider HR team to support and develop the Employee Relations agenda, actively contributing to people priorities, projects and working groups
- Supporting the wider range of Employee Relations activities at a senior level, subject to other parts of the role, including advising on complex matters, managing complex cases (e.g. at appeal), undertaking sensitive investigations (e.g. in respect of senior individuals), supporting strategic projects and programmes
- Contributing to the Group Employee Relations agenda, taking part in projects and coordinating initiatives as required
- Point of escalation and oversight on all Employee Relations matters
Business Partnering & Strategy
- Work proactively with the delegated client group on the implementation of the HR strategy, projects and initiatives, linking into senior HR colleagues as required
- Ensure the delegated client groups understand their people challenges and identify/coach appropriate HR interventions, seeking guidance from senior colleagues as required
- Coach, guide and mentor line managers and senior leaders in their HR leadership functions and responsibilities.
- Work in partnership with the business, influence, design, implement and review key people objectives that are aligned to both the business and L&D strategy
Working with Learning & Development
- Communicating with L&D, ensuring a partnership approach to key stakeholder
- Drive the annual performance review process for your client groups, utilising L&D expertise when required
- Partner with L&D to identify and deliver training needs as a result of the annual review process
Working with the Lateral and Graduate Recruitment teams
- Communicating with both teams, ensuring a partnership approach to key stakeholder
- Support Graduate Recruitment to recognise and manage the future talent and talent profile of employees within BGC Group, offering support at assessment centres / campus attraction days
- Support and offer guidance and advice on the graduate programme across business areas
- Ensuring "At Risk" candidates are managed in tandem to recruitment processes
- Ensure correct authorisations are in place
- Interviewing candidates, if required
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, may also be required to perform additional duties as assigned by members of the HR Leadership Team from time to time.
Skills / Experience required;
- Oracle HCM, Fusion or Workday knowledge
- Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK & EU Employment Law
- Be alert to Conduct Risk, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm
Qualifications & Experience
- In depth experience of undertaking the full range of Employee Relations activity
- Experience in overseeing business change projects and programmes
- Proven experience of working and navigating within a complex organisational structure
- Experience of working in an advisory capacity in a consultative and business partnering basis
- Extensive experience in leading and managing complex discipline, grievance, restructuring, redundancies, performance management, sickness absence, workforce planning
- International experience ideally working for large matrixed blue chip organisations
- Experience of international client groups
- CIPD/BPS Psychometric certification is desirable, but not essential
- Any relevant HR qualifications
- Problem solving - proven ability to take complex business requirements and translate these into tangible, workable and commercially smart solutions leveraging best practice tools and techniques
- Commercial awareness - demonstrated ability to see, understand and advise on resourcing matters from a business perspective, establishing credibility, trust and respect from Senior Management
- Analytical - ability to understand and respond to complex problems, draw and present the right insight and recommendations effectively.
- Adaptable - Proven ability to thrive in a complex matrix environment, collaborate effectively with broader HR teams and galvanise support for projects, bringing people together to deliver.
- High levels of self-awareness and committed to personal development with a growth mindset
- Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Have a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work
To all recruitment agencies - BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details.