|Job Title||Employee Claims Administrator|
|Service Line Information||In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations. |
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||***location: Manchester or Leeds|
KPMG’s North Restructuring team are looking for a specialist Employee Claims Administrator to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
This role will be focusing purely on employee related matters arising on our distressed advisory and insolvency engagements.
The North team where the vacancy exists is made up of approximately 80 people, led by 2 partners and a team of directors. The successful candidate will be aligned to this North part of the practice but will also join our small national Employee Claims team and have a line manager within this team.
The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals, and the region covered by the team extends across the North West and North East and into North Wales.
Whilst this role would primarily be office based and the base location is flexible between our Manchester and Leeds offices, periodic travel (often at short notice) to deal with employee matters on live engagements will be required. This may also require travel beyond the North region to assist with wider projects on occasion.
- Support engagement manager on insolvency assignments in dealing with all employee aspects of the case.
- Oversee completion process for employees of relevant forms to seek to ensure submission on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee related correspondence for manager approval, including letters, emails and file notes of key employee related decisions.
- Attend employee meetings to assist in answering employees’ queries, including potentially leading challenging meetings alongside more senior staff.
- Ensure minutes of any employee meetings are taken and maintained on file.
- Liaise with company HR staff to ensure all employee records are retained.
- Liaise with the engagement manager, company payroll staff (or a payroll bureau) and our cashiers to ensure that wages are paid where required.
- Ensure tax and RTI payments and filings are completed on an accurate and timely basis.
- Work closely with our Pensions team on any pension and auto-enrolment matters.
- Update and maintain IPS for employee information.
- Agree employees’ preferential and unsecured claims for manager approval.
- Field any ongoing employee queries throughout the life of an insolvency case.
- Provide specialist advice to our team on advisory engagements where insolvency may be a possible outcome.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Ideally several years’ experience in a similar role in an insolvency practice, preferably using IPS.
- Previous payroll/HR experience in wider industry preferable, although not essential.
- Highly organised and have an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Have flexibility to be able to respond to sudden and sharp changes in workload.
- Common sense and an eye for detail/accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm and professional in times of stress.
- The confidence and ability to challenge more senior staff on matters such as employee consultation.
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy