Location: Any Anixter UK location
Summary of role
The role is to primarily support the import customs clearance processing for WESCO/Anixter in EMEA. The candidate will work with Sales, Inventory Management, Operations, Tax and Finance teams daily; ensuring the smooth delivery of WESCO/Anixter products across the region.
About Anixter EMEA Transportation, Customs & Compliance Team
- Our Goal is to be a Customer Service Group who specializes in Transportation, Customs and Compliance.
- We will provide options for solutions for internal and external customers.
- We use the best in class service providers in various markets.
- We use the best carrier at the best price strategy with a commitment to never lose an order because of transportation capabilities.
- We will measure our transportation partners with the WESCO Carrier Quality Program which is an industry top rated measurement tool.
- Our global volume and strength will be leveraged but we will continue to operate with local interest, while driving compliance with a continuous improvement environment.
Main responsibilities/Key goals
- Receiving and processing UK & EU Customs clearance documentation.
- Coordinate customs clearance instructions to customs brokers.
- Validating & filing clearance paperwork.
- HS Code Classification.
- Calculating duty and tax quotes.
- Obtaining freight quotes.
- Tracking shipments.
- Monthly KPI carrier reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Degree education in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Data management skills with an attention to detail.
- Fluency in English with other languages being an asset.
Necessary skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of customs deferment accounts, EORI numbers, free trade zones & preferential customs agreements.
- Knowledge of domestic and international transportation/freight forwarding and trade compliance (Inco terms, Freight Forwarders, EMEA Trade Compliance).
- Understanding of Commercial Invoices and how EMEA customs function.
- Knowledge of carriers.
- Strong computer and keyboard skills, MS XL, MS Power BI, MS Access.
Attitude and/or particular aptitude
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deal with conflict.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized in prioritizing work, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines within a fast-paced work environment.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Closing Date: 13/11/2020