Job Title: EMEA Regional Counsel
Position Type: Regular, Full-time
Position Level: experienced
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Regional Counsel, EMEA at Xactly Corporation, you’ll be part of a newly created position within Xactly’s dynamic Legal team. This standalone regional role will report directly into the VP General Counsel in the US and support the EMEA business from their central London base. The EMEA Regional Counsel will be responsible for negotiating a variety of business and technology agreements across EMEA. Candidates should have experience working in a fast-paced, sales-driven in-house environment ideally from a software vendor, and be comfortable supporting internal business clients, as well as working directly with customers and vendors.
Join a dynamic and collaborative four-person legal team that has fun supporting all aspects of a fast-growing SaaS software company. We value providing practical, trustworthy and efficient legal advice to creatively support the businesses growth. The close-knit legal department is a highly respected and valued member of the business that often receives accolades in how we approach novel problems and reach timely resolutions.
THE SKILL SET:
- Having completed a training contract from a leading Law Firm, you will be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales with over 6 years PQE*, with a strong academic background
- Extensive background in the IT law and European data protection law with significant IT sector contract experience
- In-house experience would be advantageous specifically in sales lead technology environments
- A good understanding of cross jurisdictional issues that may arise when negotiating global agreements with companies across EMEA. Exposure to French & German jurisdictions would advantageous
- Working experience of data protection & GDPR guidance
- Broad transactional background, including experience drafting, reviewing & negotiating general commercial contracts including sales contracts, intellectual property, data privacy and other regulatory matters
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal client and legal stakeholders and act as a business enabler
- Creative problem solver with results-oriented focus and passion to solve complex problems in a creative and practical way that balances legal risk and enables business objectives
- Demonstrative ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, stay mission focused, get things done and work efficiently in an international team environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly and ask concise questions involving complex technologies to obtain the answers from business partners and make a recommendation based on experience and competent legal advice
- Requires a high level of organization and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- The ability to translate complex legal issues in an understandable way to the business. To be pragmatic, commercially aware, self-sufficient, organized and maintain an attention to detail, ability to operate within a small team and produce high quality work
- Confident in advising and making recommendations to senior management on legal, risk and strategic issues with a willingness to challenge when required
- French or German language skills are desired.
WITHIN FIRST THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation of learning the people, paper and product, upon which to grow
- Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
- Begin to be the point of contact for EMEA matters and comfortable engaging across jurisdictions (particular focus on France & Germany)
- Partnering with the EMEA sales team and US Legal team to ensure we have a consistent global approach in the way we work with our sales teams
- Work with senior management to draft contract terms and conditions to achieve company objectives
WITHIN MONTHS 3-12, YOU’LL
- Get into the zone and be comfortable drafting, reviewing & negotiating commercial contracts, including: software subscription, SaaS subscription, data processing agreements, data license, reseller, OEM, professional services, statements of work, subcontracting, RFP responses and nondisclosure agreements
- Analyze contract terms against industry best practices and company policy, then advise the business unit of the risks and foster mitigating those risks to achieve business objectives.
- Offer data protection advise to senior executives and other business team members related to contracts and other contract-specific issues and risks relating to software agreements, their impact and mitigating actions
- Assist the General Counsel with resolving critical issues and closing open contract terms under quarter-end and year-end deadlines
WITHIN YEAR 2-3, YOU’LL
- Implement the vision for change/impact that you have been developing over the past year
- Motivate and grow in specific legal areas to develop a specialty to become the got-to person and subject matter expert
- Be seen as a well-versed, trusted business-advisor and expert, making a significant positive impact company-wide
- Provide strategic and solution-focused legal advice that identifies and advises on legal and commercial risks and recommends mitigation of risk which aligns with delivering the company's commercial objectives
- Identify further personal education opportunities to increase your business and instructional acumen
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Annual Allocation of Volunteer Days
- Group Pension Scheme
- Bi-monthly Corporate Massages
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.