EMEA R&D Director - Family Care
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
As a global organisation Kimberly-Clark are able to offer career development opportunities all around the world. We now have an exciting opportunity for an EMEA R&D Director to be based in our Reigate office, who can lead and inspire our already highly skilled and respected EMEA Family Care R&E team, working day to day on brands such as Andrex, Kleenex and Scottex, to name just a few.
This position, within the EMEA Family Care team, leads the region’s R&D team to deliver product and packaging innovation, for the target markets and platforms, required to grow in line with Family Care’s Strategic plan. This role builds and maintains a diverse team for a diverse region, and is responsible for creating the right product and technology strategy, programs and activities to deliver the innovation/renovation calendar over the next 3-5 years.
The role reports to the EMEA Family Care Sector Leader and requires 20-30% travel across the region.
EMEA Family Care is a $1.3bn Business and R&D invests more than $8M annually
Lead the innovation process to achieve the following:
- Transformational Change Management
- Disruptive Innovation & Invention of technologies
- Product and Process Design to Value/Engineering
- Consumer Centric Design Thinking – developing strategies to apply this to the category
- Technology/IP Transfer
- Inspirational influence that drives an Innovative and winning culture
- International Partnering, Influence and Impact
- High-End Senior Leader Stakeholder influence
‘Discover’ – Lead the development of the EMEA discovery process. Partner with the Global team to ensure the right projects are being funded for the region. Lead the team, where appropriate, to invent innovative solutions and proprietary technologies.
‘Develop’ – Lead the team to develop Innovation strategies and product concepts from FEI (Front End Innovation) to BFC required to meet the growth needs of the BU P&L owners; partnering the Regional Design, Insights and Marketing teams.
‘Deliver’ – Projects to qualification in the supplying mills and suppliers in partnership with Product Supply and Marketing
Constantly monitor our product and the market to ensure we drive Consumer preferred products and deliver targeted sources of growth.
Build an R&D organization with local and regional experts in our consumers, front end innovation/design thinking, manufacturing, regulatory and product safety processes.
- Extensive experience driving Innovation and Growth, leading multi-functional teams and functional Research and Development experts.
- Track record of designing and delivering sustainable growth through impactful distinctive market driven products.
- Ideally will have in depth knowledge of Family Care Business fundamentals
- Intimate knowledge and experience of Innovation Management Frameworks and Processes that deliver ‘Go to Market’ excellence of Innovation/Renovation projects.
- Significant experience driving large scale +$25MM Capital programs from Concept/EDR development through to end of curve start up.
- Experience/Exposure accelerating change through galvanizing diverse teams and cultures through fostering collaboration and driving an Innovative culture across the organization.
- Proven ability to build and maintain R&D talent – able to spot talent, support development and bring out potential in individual employees and inspire people to high performance.
- Masters, or Bachelors degree with further post graduate study. (Engineering or Science background preferred.)
- Capable of building an uplifting vision founded on a progressive, ‘play-to-win’ mindset that inspires and unifies the R&E team to deliver business critical, breakthrough innovation
- Excellent communication, presentational, influence and process skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy and ability to prioritize opportunities and lead R&D strategy
- Understanding of how to drive an R&D function within a global matrix organisation and without substantial Global R&D support.
- Progressive and Winning Mindset – will drive regional R&D team to advance innovation pipeline
- Experience of innovation processes and systems and proven track record in new product development with both product and regulatory expertise
- Competitive environment understanding and expertise
- FMCG/KC Brands and product knowledge an advantage
- Ability to inspire a team, encouraging a high performance / breakthrough mindset
- Excels in coaching & giving and receiving feedback
- Collaborative and excels in senior stakeholder management
- Lives K-C culture by being a role model for the rest of the organization
- Manufacturing and converting technical expertise
- Knowledge of Pulp/Non-Woven/Packaging Technologies
- Experience in leading across regional environments and ability to lead across various cultures.
- Competitive basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
You can also choose from our flexible benefits package which includes:
- Holiday trading
- Share scheme options
- Critical illness cover
- Travel insurance
- Dental cover
- And many more!
The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KC is a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign