• The role sits within the EMEA International Tax and Deferred Comp team which has responsibility for employment and expat tax services, within the Reward and Mobility team. and Equity and Deferred Cash administration across the EMEA region.
• The team partners with country/cluster, regional and global partners to meet the needs of Citi’s businesses needs across EMEA.
• The team also works closely with the EMEA HR Shared Services (HRSS) team to establish and maintain payroll, accounting, reporting and reconciliation processes.
The role exists within the EMEA International Tax and Deferred Compensation team, part of the EMEA Reward and Mobility team.
• Manages and provides tax advisory support on tax related initiatives across the region
• Deliver tax related training sessions to HR
• Manages external tax provider relationship
Cross Border Tax (Expats, STBVs, STAs, Commuters/Multi-State Workers)
• EMEA representative and primary contact for all cross border tax related queries and initiatives
• Provide advisory support to ensure that all income and benefits are correctly reported for UK tax purposes through liaison with Cross Border Tax, Global Mobility and Payroll
• Provide technical guidance to the Payroll team in respect of cross border tax payroll processes
• Advise on any regional issues that may result from the global policy or proposed actions
• Liaises with vendors to obtain specialised advice as necessary
• Provide support on the US and UK compliance season with the Company’s global tax providers and internal stakeholders, including monitoring and assisting with sS9a enquiries
• Partner with Corporate Tax Department to take due account of the Company’s Corporate Tax position and sign off on employment tax initiatives and positions
• Regional representative for queries from HR and Specialist teams; including but not limited to the following:
- tax efficient delivery of compensation
- technical advice on terminations
- potential issues resulting from transfers, secondments, new hires
- employee tax issues as required
- roll out of new benefits, changes in policy, etc.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of Citi’s equity and deferred cash programs,
• Develop an excellent relationship with HR, the Global Equity Comp unit (NY) and with senior managers; assist with distributions / exercises, including communications, analysis of stock delivery methods, analysis of tax status of participants and withholding, liaison with overseas coordinators regarding transfers
• Deliver Deferred Compensation related training sessions to HR
Compliance and Advisory
• Tax Compliance for Citi’s Equity, Deferred Cash and other deferral Programs
• Regional advisor on tax and social security withholding and reporting requirements
• Will be required to provide information as part of the year-end vesting process impacting a large UK employee population. This will involve analysing a large amount of data and comparing information and then summarising in order for tax and social security rates to be established
• Work with HRSS to ensure there is robust process and control in employer and employee reporting at tax year end
• Develop understanding of financials to provide guidance to regional HR and assist with these processes as they impact the deferral plans
• Demonstrate knowledge of the business, products, geographies and risks and identify solutions.
• Exposure to diverse markets, cultures and businesses across EMEA
• Collaboration with HR Business Partners
• Working in a large/complex organisation
• Involvement in and ownership of project work
• Scope to innovate, to develop the role taking on wider responsibilities
• Building key relationships
• Significant growth opportunities for the right candidate
• Working in a diverse team with a broad skill set and responsibilities
• Experience in an accounting firm or in-house, concentrating on cross border and/or employment tax and social security issues with management of a compliance season preferred and experience in advising on Equity and other types of deferred compensation plans and advising Financial Sector clients
• A recent record of sustained strong/outstanding performance
• Strong working knowledge of expatriate/employment policies and packages
• Strong working knowledge of tax treaties and UK tax compliance rules/employer year-end reporting issues
• Extensive experience of the management of data, including extensive use of excel, ability to query systems and then present data in a palatable format;
• Experience working in Compensation and Benefits within Financial Services, preferably focussing on Equity Comp
• Awareness of deferred compensation/stock plan issues
• Management of junior team members.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to work successfully both as part of a team and on own initiative as well as the ability to inspire confidence from others
• Strong management skills
• Pro-active approach to work-load
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills with the ability to effectively review advice and to make appropriate recommendations
• Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for their work
• Strong understanding of risk and control issues across multiple geographies.
• Ability to handle several projects at one time
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation
• Team player
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Extensive years Manager / Vice President (VP) experience
• Bachelor degree
• Tax background, preferably ATT / CTA qualified or equivalent
• Equity Plan related qual. Beneficial
• Financial accounting qual. Beneficial
• Project Mgmt qual. beneficial.
• Multi tasking
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
• Organisational Agility
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Integrity and Trust
• Peer Relationships
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Comfortable Around Higher Management
• Ability to prioritise
• Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
• Ability to understand, manipulate and present data
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer