Position: EMEA Finance Director I – Procurement Finance
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
Key business partner to the EMEA, China and APZ Procurement Directors driving actionable insights / analytics, driving the CCI and Cash delivery and sound decision making that results in the achievement of the financial objectives of the business.
At this position you will have responsibility for managing the strategic financial planning, annual budgeting, forecasting, cost optimization, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, internal control, departmental expense review and improvement of business processes. Besides that, you will also participate in the quarterly business reviews, the Operating Committee (OPCOM), ensuring accurate CCI reporting and compliance, supporting critical TM1 implementations, fulfilment of ad-hoc requests and development of staff.
This position is also responsible, in conjunction with Operations personnel, for the development and reporting of metrics for internal and external use.
People & Leadership
- Directly manage team to ensure that core skills of accuracy, excel excellence, analysis and “knowing how to get things done” at McCormick are fostered and transferred to others (active participation in developing talent within the finance team)
- Use strong influencing skills with other departments to ensure all projects are completed to the best standard.
- Ensure that the EMEA, China, and APZ based procurement finance teams are multi- skilled enough so that team members can cover off the key aspects of each other’s work in an emergency
- Develop the team to ensure that all positions have clearly defined roles and responsibilities along with clear objectives.
- Carry out regular performance reviews and ensures development plans are in place for all members of the team.
Financial & Performance Reporting
- Ensure all reporting and financial procedures are in line with Corporate guidelines and legal requirements.
- Lead development of high quality, concise and focused management reports ensuring key information adds value to both SC and commercial audiences.
- Ensure Standard Costing & Stock management & reporting is done correctly
- Lead the continuous improvement & management of Procurement financial planning process including target setting.
- Manage the annual LTP, budget & monthly / quarterly forecast & S&OP processes for EMEA, China, and APZ Procurement.
- Participate in Strategy development: providing leadership to within the SC & wider finance team / input into strategic planning process where required.
- Evaluate and develop capital investment plans ensuring alignment with business unit strategies.
- Ensure robust business case is in place to support all proposals for expenditure. (ROI must meet Corporate expectations)
Business Improvement and Development
- Provide financial analysis and commercial input into business improvement initiatives and projects ensuring appropriate levels of performance tracking are in place; this applies to ongoing business improvement and major change project delivery.
- Ensure all reporting regarding CCI is as efficient as possible & available to the Director of Cost Optimisation in a timely manner
- Business partner with the Procurement Directors to develop and support strategic initiatives
Control & Compliance
- Takes accountability for ensuring the control environment within the Supply Chain area is robust and in line with corporate guidelines; SOX and local accounting GAAP.
- Proactively manages risk within Supply Chain; identifies business risk and works with colleagues to develop and implement plans to mitigate.
Knowledge and experience
- Finance or Accounting Degree,
- CIMA, ACCA or equivalent certificate,
- Relevant progressive financial/accounting experience,
- Relevant demonstrated management and supervision experience,
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain Finance,
- Demonstrated solid and successful background in financial reporting and internal control requirements,
- Ability to identify, manage and implement process improvements,
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities,
- Ability to interact with and build and sustain relationships at all levels,
- Strong, sustained high performance coupled with the ability to lead people and change effectively,
- Demonstrated positive attitude in stressful situations, ability to resolve conflict and face problems head on.
- Strong proven knowledge of financial accounting standards and supply chain principles/processes (eg. S&OP),
- Excellent management skills including the ability to manage cross-unit and cross-function teams including indirect reporting relationships, coupled with the ability to manage multiple deliverables at a time,
- High degree of business/financial acumen with the ability to understand impact of decisions on other functions and on operating units,
- Thorough understanding of business, processes, systems and internal controls,
- Excellent technical aptitude including extensive experience with Excel spreadsheets, TM1 and Business Warehouse,
- SAP experience across all financial modules desirable
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills,
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues and work independently using good judgment to solve complex problems,
- Ability to focus on what is important and prioritise according to business requirements,
- Ability to know what is needed and where to obtain the information,
- Excellent interaction, relationship management, and customer service skills,
- Excellent negotiation and communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas to and influence others,
- Ability to influence at all levels without formal authority is important,
- Proven ability to work strategically and operationally and to effectively recognize when hands on approach needed versus delegating to staff,
- Proven ability of leading a team.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With nearly 12,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 150 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.