What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be a part of the team charged with successful delivery of a key strategic initiative. You’ll be a key contributor in organizing the team’s work, ensuring the accuracy and efficiency that our Finance team is known for. You’ll also be part of creating a great team environment by providing clarity, your expertise, and providing your feedback. You’ll be on constant lookout for ways to use technology to streamline processes. Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day. Because here, better matters.
- Engaging the team and establishing priorities for project management of EMEA Accounting transformation.
- Leading complex accounting and compliance projects with little or no direction and by influence.
- Planning, structuring, and setting deadlines for your team’s work activities and projects, and the subsequent monitoring of progress made and results achieved.
- Overseeing the completion of complex analytical assignments/projects and preparing accounting-related reports.
- Leading accounting projects to ensure compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Providing subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to support the proper treatment of business transactions for both US and applicable countries.
- Supporting senior management with accounting, analyzing, and reporting on general ledger transactions.
- Interacting with stakeholders from within and outside of the Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries related to the group’s projects/activities.
- Maintaining ongoing interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to project objectives, deliverables, resource allocation, and other related matters.
- Serving as a key contributor to the month-end close, financial statement analysis, and other tasks related to the maintenance and/or reconciliation of accounting records.
- Coordinating and monitoring activities related to internal controls, documentation, testing, and segregation of duties (Sarbanes Oxley or local equivalent, where applicable).
- Reviewing others’ work and analyzing their output for appropriate accounting treatment, completeness, and accuracy related to general accounting.
- Contributing effort in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures and policies for the group; leveraging system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
What we’re looking for...
You’re organized and practical, and great at finding ways to make complex processes simpler. You know both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS accounting inside out, but you’re also an effective and inspiring manager. People look to you for your expertise but they look up to you for your leadership.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
- Accounting experience gained in practice, or within a multinational company.
- Direct project management experience, including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing of projects.
- Experience in accounting systems and applications such as SAP, CPM/Essbase, and Blackline.
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Accounting transformation experience, involving the setup and running of a shared service center.
- Knowledge of international business and accounting practices and processes, including local statutory reporting in IFRS and US GAAP.
- Ability to communicate in a European language other than English
- CPA certification (or local equivalent such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA).
- Big Four Accounting/Advisory/Audit experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in managing accounting activities across multiple countries.
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, and SOX compliance.
- Experience in designing and implementing accounting systems, running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Experience of working with in the technology or telecommunications industry.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.