What you’ll be doing...
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be a part of the team charged with successful delivery of a key strategic initiative. As a key contributor for EMEA Accounting Transformation, you’ll be using your expertise to create and execute accounting processes, analyze data, advise the team, and support your colleagues. Our finance team is the best in the business—so come be part of the team that keeps our financial operations accurate, compliant, and running like clockwork.
This position supports general accounting reports to Sr. Manager, EMEA Accounting. A majority of the responsibilities will be to assist with EMEA Transformation activities, the monthly close process and any other ad hoc projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engages the team and establishes priorities for project management of EMEA Accounting transformation
- Leads complex accounting & compliance projects with little or no direction and by influence
- Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines. Subsequently monitors progress on tasks
- Performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related treatment as an individual contributor for multiple countries
- Provides subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to support the proper treatment of business transactions for both US and applicable countries
- Interacts with key stakeholders outside of accounting
- Reviews and enhances the processes such as monthly balance sheet account reconciliations on an ad-hoc basis and assists in researching differences.
- Uses their financial and accounting experience and acumen to analyze and interpret data to make any recommendations on possible courses of action as appropriate.
- Effectively engages to successfully complete multiple and diverse deliverables; is accountable for the related accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy of the work product.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Responsible for escalations from internal customers and responses to customer inquiries, ensuring issue and error resolution while analyzing issue drivers and taking mitigating actions.
- Ensures adequate controls are in place over financial processes and results.
- Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the leveraging of systems and applications by the user community to enhance business systems optimization for the overall process to minimize manual work?around and stand?alone systems.
- Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for Accounting and works closely with either internal teams or service providers (if any) to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
What we’re looking for...
What we’re looking for…
You’ve got some accounting expertise under your belt. You’re great at making plans, giving advice, and leading teams of your peers. You are comfortable managing data from multiple sources. You can describe complex accounting concepts in a simple way, and you work well across functions.
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant work experience.
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, CPM/Essbase, and Blackline
- Experience in the preparation of general ledgers and report query and design for multiple countries.
- Good team, organizational planning skills, sound judgment, calm but work with a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong time management
Even better if you have:
- Proficiency in a language other than English
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA certification (or local equivalent such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Big 4 Accounting/Advisory/Audit experience
- Demonstrated Shared Service Center experience within a global, publicly traded company
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance
- Experience running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.