Embedded Software Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated Embedded Software Engineer to join us here at LIG Biowise.
The company was founded upon the vision of accelerating the pace with which cutting edge research can impact healthcare globally. Our mission is to revolutionise the way that infectious diseases are diagnosed and treated in the community, at the vanguard of technologies driving care closer to the patient and towards better outcomes. Here at LIG Biowise we are all not only passionate scientists, but we are defined by our drive to innovate and test the boundaries of what is possible.
We are proud of our fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development as we continue to build and grow our forward-thinking company and you could play a key part in our success. We are a friendly and supportive place that you will love to work, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. We also expect our people to be enthusiastic and responsible. If you share our thinking – and have the qualities we’re looking for – you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
- You will contribute to the software design of LIG Biowise's prototype diagnostic platform.
- Your day to day role will involve software development, test and debug on Linux and/or STM32 based platforms.
- Experience developing with C/C++ for Linux and embedded platforms
- Passion for low level systems development.
- Familiar with source control using GIT
- Degree in Computer science/electronics degree would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and written English
- Excellent documentation skills
- Quality control and quality assurance systems experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an embedded software engineer
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience of working with STM32 based embedded systems
- Low level protocols (I2C/SPI/UART)
- Linux GUI experience would be beneficial (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
- Experience with debugging hardware
- Build systems (cmake preferred)
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- 6 days paid sick leave
- Free hot beverages
- Casual dress code
- Modern office located in the heart of the Manchester Science Park (M15 6SE)
- On site shower facilities with a dedicated bike shed for eager cyclists
- Salary of £32 - £38k per annum
No agencies please.
Please note that by submitting your application to LIG Biowise your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.
Dependant on experience