aJob Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: Excellent salary
Key Skills: C, Embedded, Linux, Networking, Hardware, C++
About the role
Our client is seeking a versatile embedded software engineer to join their software development team. Core skills will involve embedded C together with an aptitude for understanding low level hardware and software interaction to extract optimal performance from target hardware. The role involves both the structural design of software and detailed implementation work and so they are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working at broad and very detailed levels. Experience with writing software for network appliances and an understanding of network protocols would be a bonus.
- Strong embedded C
- Ability to optimise hardware performance by understanding low level hardware and software interaction.
- Development, testing and debugging on Linux systems.
- Ability to write optimised code for resource-limited hardware.
- Experience participating in software design and enhancement (discussion and architectural definition of key technologies).
- Extensive experience of software development, including platform bring-up and low-level debugging.
- Experience of device drivers and system level software
- A passion for delivering a quality user experience.
- Proficient and confident with Version Control Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good degree or equivalent educational qualifications in an appropriate discipline.
Desirable / Useful Skills:
- Development, testing and debugging on RTOS based systems.
- C++ programming.
- Networking protocols (TCP/UDP etc.).
- Experience of the software lifecycle: has taken complex software from concept to product and into maintenance.
- A general understanding of higher level languages and database operation.
- Networking topologies.
Job Reference Code – MJH2584MON