Embedded Software Engineer, Leeds, £35,000 - £43,000
My client are looking for a talented Embedded Software Engineer to work on Embedded Linux and/or Android based software projects. They will develop software for exciting new consumer electronics devices in the Digital TV and Connected Home industry. My client are not looking for previous Digital TV or Set Top Box experience and are not looking for embedded linux experience. If you have strong embedded software skills and want to increase your skill set, please apply.
- Develop well structured, documented and maintainable code to meet the project goals
- Integrates third party software.
- Work collaboratively with development partners such as Google and Netflix
- Use of Software Configuration Management systems for multiple project delivery
- Creates and reviews design specifications and other documents for software components.
- Keep up to date with common software development frameworks
- Make use of open source software frameworks to produce cost effective and efficient designs
- Assist in definition and promotion of quality standards for software development
- Perform proper unit tests, systems tests, debug, regression and verification of designs prior to release as requested
- Participate in and contribute to formal Design and Project Reviews
- Work in Agile and Scrum based development environment
- Estimates own work task and is responsible to deliver software components to agreed timescales and quality.
3. Qualifications Required
3.1 Essential Qualifications
HND/Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree/discipline
3.2 Desirable Qualifications
4. Experience & Skills, you require some of the below skills, not all.
- Knowledge and experience of C, C++
- Experienced at Embedded Software Development
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel, Device Drivers and Android frameworks
- Knowledge of digital video and DVB software
- Knowledge of Conditional Access and Digital Rights Management systems
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Buildroot, Yocto and Linux Kernel and Device Drivers
- Expertise in IP Networking, Wireless and Bluetooth technologies
- Experience and knowledge of SVN, GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, DevOps environments
- ValGrind, Electric Fence, Wire Shark, Perf – debug and optimisations tools
- Understanding of Agile design methodologies and processes, working in an Agile environment
- Must show the following behaviours:
- Team player
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and time zones
- Ability to manage and prioritise your time
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.
flecible working and home working availiable