Located in London, New York and Hong Kong, the Electronic Trading team is responsible for developing and maintaining execution strategies used by clients and traders globally. As part of the Equity Department the team is part of the business division and has direct interactions with clients.
An opportunity exists for an experienced algorithmic support person to join the Electronic Trading team in London. The role focuses onsupporting clients and traders who use execution strategies via our in-house algorithmic platform. The successful candidate would be able to perform well under pressure and possess excellent communication skills to interact with clients as well as internal traders.
· The key responsibilities are:
· Support execution strategies
· Identify trading issues, investigate and respond to traders and client’s queries
· Write and maintain scripts and SQL queries for reports and trading data
· Perform configuration changes requested by clients and traders
· Work closely with the global development team
· Knowledge of European markets and regulations
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
· Unix, Python, Perl and shell scripting
· Excellent communication skills. Experience with supporting external and internal clients.
· Experience supporting Algorithmic trading platforms
· Knowledge of algorithmic execution strategies
· Understanding of European Equities market structure
· Ability to read and understand C code or similar object-oriented language
· Ability to work with colleagues around the world
· Quick to learn and curious about all things.