Location – (South West region and some travel further afield as required for projects)
Cheltenham / Witney
“Aexcellent opportunity to join an established, national engineering contractor as an Electrician supporting a busy and fast paced Mechanical & Electrical engineering maintenance team working on Canals and River Trust infrastructure in the South West Region (national framework). This position can offer longevity through its long term maintenance framework supporting one of our key clients”
We require an enthusiastic and technically astute Electrician with some Mechanical experience /knowledge based in the South West and responsible for covering our regional framework maintenance projects. Our framework team are responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance to assets and infrastructure around the UK’s Canals and Rivers including associated Electrical and Mechanical asset repair such as switch gear, control panels, PLC and SCADA equipment, moving structures, pumps etc.
Joining the company as an Electrician in this specialist Mechanical & Electrical framework team, you will undertake Electrical (and mechanical) asset repair and maintenance responsibilities that include working with SCADA, Electrical drawings (interpreting and designing), Fault Finding on PLC’s, HMI’s, Electrical Testing RCD, Earth Loop impedance, R1/R2 Loop tests, Human Machine Units, Solar Panels and charging stations, Ultrasonic/Shaft encoders, MMI’s, 16th – 18th Wiring Edition, Start/Stop Level Instrumentation, 40/10MA Loops, Mitsubishi PLC’s and QR series.
Day to day duties and responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Viewing live and historical data associated with client assets
- Uploading and downloading software
- Modifying sequences
- Testing communications
- Connecting instrumentation
- Updating firmware
- Uploading saved configurations and isographs to client database.
- Fault-finding and troubleshooting followed by relevant repair and maintenance
- Participate in a call out rota with other framework team members covering 365 days per year 24 hours per day.
To excel in this role, you will be a qualified electrician, with experience of Instrumentation, PLC/HMI and SCADA systems, including calibration and testing.
- Full U.K Driving License
- Previous experience as an Electrician responsible for multiple field based projects.
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) Electrical Engineering
- City & Guilds 2391-10 “Level 3 Certificate in the Certification of Electrical
- C&G 2382-10 “Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical
Installations, 17th Edition BS7671”.
- Mechanical and hydraulic system familiarisation is desirable.
- It would advantageous for candidates to have gained experienced in multi-disciplinary Electrical and Mechanical projects.
- Full U.K Driving License
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Competitive hourly rate negotiable depending on experience
- Uplifts forovertime and 'on-call' rota allowance
- Transport provided
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence and waterways.
AmcoGiffen are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen family, please review the full Job Description attached and apply now!
Please contact for more information.