Job Title: Electrical Technician - Facilities
Location: Queens Hospital - Romford - RM7 0AG
Salary: Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Due to our continued success and demand we are now looking to recruit an Electrical Technician to join our teams based at Queens Hospital in Romford.
Electrical Technician job Purpose:
The safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within the hospital site. Carrying out a wide range of electrical work, ensuring planned preventative maintenance (PPM) Statutory, Routine and reactive work is carried out within the confines of the PFI contract and ensuring compliance with Sodexo and the Trust safety standards and procedures within the contractual time lines and KPI's
Electrical Technician Duties and Accountabilities:
- To comply in the management of HTM06, The Healthcare Electrical Safety Code System as an appointed Authorised Person (LV).
- To work in hazardous areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment
- Provide technical advice and support including liaison with electrical contractors appointed on Maintenance tasks, capital projects and minor upgrade works.
- To liaise with manufacturers regarding plant or equipment failures and to arrange the supply of goods and services under maintenance contract and/or direct contract.
- Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required by management.
- At all times to carry Trust/Sodexo communication devices (Tablets/ mobile phones etc) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- Undertake minor installation and improvement works.
- Contacting suppliers/wholesalers assessing costs and delivery times in accordance with the Sodexo procurement procedures.
- Requisitioning tools and equipment as necessary for the completion of works.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Monitor health & safety of all personnel on site, performing activities on behalf of the Trust and Sodexo.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to inter-trade flexibility
- Provide such flexibility as necessary to cover emergency works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Observe all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act, Electricity at work and the IET Regulations.
- Use Sodexo's CAFM system for work processing and monitoring of estates Maintenance procedures.
- Have the ability to undertake fault finding, diagnostic and repairs on a wide range of designated plant, complex critical systems and equipment, using a cause effect analyses and detailed examination to gain a solution..
- Liaising with the Client, Helpdesk, contractors, Clinical nursing staff and heads of departments regarding work requests, information & planning.
- Provide support information and assistance to the management team as requested
- Convey a professional image of the Estates department to the client whilst encouraging and maintaining good working relationships with all users of the Estates service
Electrical Technician Hours Of Work
37 ½ hrs. per week typically 7.5 hrs. each day over 7 days per week as part of the on-call & 7 day cover rota. Daily start and finish times shall be varied to meet the needs of the service.
Participate in the on-call system and 7 day cover
Rest periods etc. shall be in accordance with the Trusts "Working Time Policy & Procedure".
Electrical Technician Knowledge and Skills:
The Electrical Technician will be required to use their specialised skills and technical knowledge to undertake day to day reactive and PPM tasks on a wide range of electrical systems. These include ; Electrical distribution, lighting, fire detection, building control & automation, standby generator plant, security access control, CCTV, nurse call systems, HVAC & data-communications).
The work activities, which are often complex and/or non-routine involve fault diagnosis & fault rectification, maintenance, and capital work across the Trust.
This will reflect the need for the post holder to act on his/her own initiative, the need for accuracy, attention to detail, numeracy and record keeping.
The Electrical Technician will be required to assess at all times the work load taking into account the priority, risk factors and possible interruption of this work due to urgent/emergency calls showing their ability to coordinate, delegate and control the team
The post holder will be required to use machinery and tools within their level of expertise/training,.
The post holder will also be required to make regular use of ladders, and access equipment.
- Completion of a structured training program (Apprenticeship) in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Experience of working in a maintenance environment
- Good verbal, numerate and interpersonal skills
- Wide range of electrical plant and systems
- Health and safety legislation
- Statutory PPM compliance
- Attained relevant City and Guilds Qualifications
- Industry Experience
- Experience of working in an Acute Hospital environment.
- IT knowledge, experience and training.
- Maintenance of critical electrical systems.
- ONC or a related qualification.
- Appointed as an Electrical Authorised person
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Electrical Technician to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today