Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Electrical Technician - Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), Avonmouth
Salary - Competitive
At Viridor, we're one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy and are at the forefront of the UK's green economy. We're undergoing rapid change and development which provides opportunities for those who are seeking a role to make their mark and drive forward a best in class performance.
Fast growing and investing over £1.2bn in the development of a network of state of the art Energy Recovery Facilities across the UK, we're already established as the second largest operator in the UK and looking to become the largest. The ERFs reduce the reliance on landfill or exporting waste for treatment whilst being key to our revenue generation.
Our Avonmouth ERF is currently undergoing construction and will require an aspiring engineering professional who will play an important role by contributing to the efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the ERF, including the workshops management.
As Electrical Technician you will support the optimal long-term availability of the plant, to preserve the value of the assets, ensuring financial targets are met within the electrical department and a no compromise approach to health and safety is embraced.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer, and in co-operation with your Mechanical and Control & Instrumentation colleagues, the Electrical Technician will play a part in creating the systems, applying Viridor processes and prepare the site to commence commissioning. Furthermore, you will embody a no compromise approach to standards of safety, quality and performance contributing to deliver a world class facility.
Our ideal Electrical Technician will have:
- Exposure to having carried out planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- A demonstrable track record in ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant
- A sound knowledge of repair methods of Electrical equipment and Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Exposure to an energy from waste (EfW) facility or power stations would be advantageous and preferred
- A demonstrable no compromise approach to Health & Safety legislation ideally relevant to process or power industry
- Some knowledge of the creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender
- Experience in working within Permit to Work and Safe System of Work environments i.e. plant isolations and safety systems
- Experience in working with Preventative Maintenance Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications such as City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent) including a recognised apprenticeship
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Strong team playing skills ideally gleaned from working in a new operating team / start-up scenario, with an ability to work towards shared goals
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
At Viridor, we offer a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits including our pension scheme, healthcare, free eye test and safety eyewear where required alongside a selection of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to our careers site to complete your application for the role of Electrical Technician.