Are you an experienced Electrical Technician looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Ardley Energy Recovery Facility for an Electrical Technician to join our team, working 42.5 hours a week.
The Electrical Technician Role
The Electrical Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the electrical equipment at the Ardley ERF Plant, providing support to other disciplines as necessary using experience and skills. This will involve:
- Ensures maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant.
- Carry out fault diagnosis rectify as required
- Conduct plant inspections and area safety inspections.
- Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System is effective and followed through to completion promptly.
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements to ensure activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
The Ideal Electrical Technician
- Experience in electrical engineering of process industry or power plants
- Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems
- Possess appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent)
- Switchgear maintenance knowledge
In return for your hard work as our Electrical Technician, you will receive a competitive salary as well as an attractive benefits package. Including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY for the role of Electrical Technician.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.