Job Title: Electrical Supervisor
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: Full-time – Mon-Fri – 8am – 5pm - However, some flexibility will be required to suit the needs of the project and client.
A fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Supervisor QS (commercial & domestic) to join this growing and very well-established company, providing commercial and domestic building services in Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 28 days holiday, and company van.
We were established in 1999 and have built a reputation as a professional refurbishment company for the commercial and domestic industry. The business has enjoyed continuous and steady growth and has built and sustained a stable client base both as a main contractor and sub-contractor over a wide range of services including social housing, insurance claims, schools, NHS, and more.
The Electrical Supervisor is required to join our expanding team for new and existing contracts within Peterborough and surrounding areas, ensuring that the organisation complies with all aspects of NICEIC accreditation or other registration bodies and to communicate those requirements to the Contract Management Team and Engineering Teams. You will also provide any technical support as required and have contact with the business customers across the contract portfolio in relation to our NICEIC accreditation. This position is both Office (80%) and site based (20%).
Electrical Supervisor ESSENTIAL - SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of supervisor experience on large projects
- Previous Commercial and Install/Maintenance experience
- Knowledge of all electrical systems in domestic and commercial settings
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Experience of inspection, testing, certification, and reporting procedures for electrical installation in domestic and commercial properties
- Effective problem solving & organisational skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills & telephone manner
- Full UK driving licence
- Minimum of 2 x professional references
Electrical Supervisor ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 /AM1 /AM2 (or equivalent qualifications)
- CCNSG safety passport
- SSSTS and a JIB electricians’ card
- 18th Edition
- NICEIC QS responsibilities
- 2360 Electrical Installations NVQ Level 2 or 3 or Electrical apprenticeship
- 2391 Test and Inspection would be ideal but not essential
- Ideally, you will have gained your experience through an apprenticeship
- Proof of qualifications including certificate’s
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Verifying all electrician inspections & testing results whether electronically or on paper, in a timely manner, & issue to prevent Invoicing delays.
- Conduct live audits of on-site engineers to ensure consistency & compliance
- Review site documentation including client specifications to ensure the correct tasks are being completed with the correct materials to achieve compliance.
- Assist planning/scheduling teams with labour forecasting to ensure we have the correct levels of recruitment at the right time to ensure we meet the needs of the business. departments in both Labour & material forecasting
- Assist the purchasing team by forecasting & requesting materials on time to ensure stock outs do not stop the works.
- Assist Compliance by Reviewing/discussing & recommending updates to the electrical RAMS & other health & safety documentation.
- Assist the Commercial team with the pricing of electrical elements within tenders when required.
- Maintain ELECSA accreditation. Carry out Qualifying Supervisor duties as required under NICEIC/ ECA/ ELECSA.
- Oversee PAT testing compliance
- Ensure timely handover of completed projects against the programme of works, targeting 'Zero’ defects at handover