We have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Wigan. Your role will be to support the plant in all aspects of the electrical maintenance troubleshooting using PLC and programming skills and a thorough understanding of the machines sequence of operations. You should be familiar with the use of PLCs such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Telemechanique. This is a full time, permanent position and in return you will receive a competitive salary plus overtime and company benefits.
As our Electrical Engineer you will receive excellent benefits including;
- Pension 9% company contribution
- Life Assurance 7x salary
- Income Protection
- Company Sick Pay
- On Site Gym
- Free Car Parking
We’re a global specialist manufacturer and a world leader in our product field, with a history spanning more than 60 years. Our UK site is a 24/7 operation, employing 300 people and it has a reputation of consistently delivering outstanding quality products. With ongoing large-scale investment in new and upgraded plant we are set to be at the leading edge of our industry for years to come.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Electrical Engineer include:
- Ensure that PLC systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Monitoring and control systems from specific instrumentation and communication devices, installs, views PLC programs, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs major electronic systems and peripheral devices
- A good understanding of SCADA operating systems.
- High Voltage approved person
- Respond to any related equipment downtime issues in plant and establish any required resources to assist in responding to these issues quickly
- Train and develop the plant electricians to increase their ability to understand and troubleshoot controls related issues in the plant
- Integrate with the Engineering and Maintenance teams to transfer the technology required for new programs successfully to the plant
The ideal candidate for this Electrical Engineer role will have:
- Educated to electrical engineering degree level
- Experience in a manufacturing/construction environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in system programming and controls