CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• To have a working knowledge of HMI systems.
• Site wide pneumatic diagnostics and mechanical maintenance.
• A good knowledge of electrical installations and working knowledge of networking systems.
• To undertake site service electrical/mechanical maintenance duties effectively and efficiently therefore maximising output and enabling the production schedules to be achieved.
• To use and assist in developing a comprehensive Planned and Preventative Maintenance system and analyse the data derived from the system to improve plant efficiency and minimise downtime.
• To seek continuous improvements in asset performance which demonstrate an increase in performance and a reduction in waste.
• To continually self-audit practices and processes, initiating change where able.
• Where applicable, to assist with projects including conception of ideas, installation and commissioning, monitoring and maintaining.
• To act in compliance with Health, Safety and Environment and Quality legislation and standards.
• To be aware of machine efficiencies to ensure that they are performing at the optimum and highlight and progress potential areas of improvement.
• Ensure Six sigma awareness and Lean Enterprise Management tools are utilised effectively to develop and maintain a world class manufacturing.
• To assist with ensuring that operations are performed within pre-set budgets.
• To assist with recommendations to plant, equipment and working practices ensuring that they are developed and effectively communicated to management.
• To undertake shift working including nights as required of the post.
• Any other duties in keeping with the post at the direction of your Manager.
• Monitor/update shock impact system and take appropriate actions.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Good standard of general education(GCSE / O Levels preferred) or equivalent.
• Apprentice trained, (essential).
• Industry experience.
• Previous Mechanical and/or Electrical work experience.
• Pneumatic systems fault diagnostics / modifications.
• Electrical diagnostics and PLC knowledge. Ability to diagnose faults to route cause.
• Experience of working to ISO9001 and IS04002.
• Knowledge and experience of TQM, JIT and continuous improvement techniques.
• Computer literate.
• Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems, effective use and development of PPM systems.
• Knowledge of reports based on techniques such as pereto analysis etc.
• An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
• A willingness to expand current skill profile.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.