Celsa Steel UK - Cardiff
£28,000 - £33,000 (4 on/4 off Shift Pattern)Job description:
Joining our engineering maintenance team, you will be working on some of the largest pieces of kit and machinery you will find in the industry. You could be maintaining 240T gantry cranes one day to installing high-speed motors the next. The role will make use of, and build upon all of your electrical engineering knowledge and experience.
- Adhere to, and improve, all safety controls and measures throughout the company
- Maintain, improve and repair electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Using training platform, develop your technical knowledge
- Work with team members to quickly & safely respond to breakdowns
- Use fault finding tools to understand the root cause of persistent problems and implement your actions
What industry you come from is not important to us. We look for people who are passionate about engineering and constantly look for ways to improve. Our manufacturing processes are demanding and no two days are the same. You will need to be robust and develop your knowledge to deal with a range of different problems and issues.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering (Minimum NVQ Level 3)
- Experience and knowledge of Permit Systems, Electrical Safety and Isolations
- Repair and maintenance experience in:
- AC/DC Motors/Drives
- Previous experience of PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens) fault-finding would be desirable.
About Celsa Steel UK
We are the largest producer of reinforcement in the United Kingdom and one of the largest manufacturers of other steel long products. From our plant in Cardiff, we produce and deliver around 1.2 million tonnes of finished product each year, mainly to the UK and Irish markets.