We are looking for an experienced controls engineer to join a growing industry specialist based in Berkshire. This opportunity will come with a van & fuel card and will require you to provide detailed reports, based on comprehensive assessments of all electrical systems on any site.
Typical (non-exhaustive) duties may include: -
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety processes and procedures are followed
- Carry out electrical installation work to BS7671.
- Carry out installation and commissioning of a variety of instrumentation systems, including pressure, level, temperature and flow.
- Some familiarity with PLC’s, HMI’s, Telemetry & Control Systems
- Ability to fault find in control panels with / without electrical schematics
- MCC modifications
- Provide written technical reports and other documentation as required by senior engineering professionals.
- Be capable of carrying out test and inspection of electrical installation and providing satisfactory documentation as required by the Company’s nominated certificating body (NICEIC, ECA etc.)
- All technicians should be PC literate and be able to demonstrate a sound background in IT skills.
The Electrical Controls Technician will also have the following responsibilities: -
- Ensure the safety of all employees, it’s clients and the general public
- Ensure that all Company Policies & Procedures are adhered to
- Uphold the Company’s brand name & reputation and ensure it is not damaged
- Follow the procedures as laid out within the Integrated Management Systems of the company
- Maintain company confidentiality as required
- Ability to organise and management time effectively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with other teams within the company
- Holds 17th Edition OR 18th Edition Wiring regulations qualification
- Hold relevant electrical / controls qualifications
- Hold a ECS/ CSCS Gold Skills card
The following lists our clients corporate values. The Project management team shall be fully aware of these and ensure that where possible individual actions demonstrate adherence and promotion to the wider workforce: -
Assure the safety of each and every person affected by clients work
- Deliver work profitably to support growth and investment
- Develop a ‘Great Place to Work’ offering a stimulating and rewarding environment
- Nurture and manage our ‘Employee Talent’
- Celebrate individual and company success
- Respect our colleagues
Please contact the UKSE Group office on 01420 543 000 to apply.
Company Van & Fuel card