Do you have what it takes to be an EHS Advisor with Securitas?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic EHS Advisor to join our dynamic team on a Permanent basis.
This key role requires a confident individual, responsible for ensuring that the organisation meets current health and safety legislative and industry regulations/guidance, as an EHS Advisor, this necessitates a proactive approach to working with managers and the ability to establish and maintain operating systems that promote a culture of safe working practices and behaviours across the organisation
We are an internationally successful, protective services and security provider, combining cutting-edge technology with world-class security intelligence and our global network of experts cover every security risk.
Health & Safety | HSE | Safety Advisor | CDM |
You will be ensuring that the organisation meets current health and safety legislative and industry regulations / guidance.
The main responisibilities for this role will be:-
- Develop site-specific health and safety plans/ construction phase plans as required for Electronic Security operations.
- To ensure coordination with project teams within the Electronic Security Division providing assistance and guidance to ensure they follow the Securitas processes and procedures in compliance with statutory obligations.
- To support our installation and service office in the implementation of Securitas processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements.
- Support external installation & service partners and other functions within Securitas in discharging their duties under current legal and Securitas requirements.
- To provide input into the development, management and embedding of Securitas processes and procedures to ensure compliance with H&S
- To support the Electronic Security Director, Director of EHS, Audit & Compliance and Quality Manager in discharging their Statutory Duties.
- To coach managers and engineers in their personal and corporate obligations under H&S.
- Provide inspection and audit capability to ensure operational activity for installation and service activities is being undertaken in accordance with company procedure and legislative requirement.
- Support of Electronic Security Design teams and Procurement in discharging their designer duties under H&S..
- To ensure that processes, Procedures and documentation required for H&S within the Electronic Security Division are established, implemented and maintained.
- Assisting in preparing submissions as appropriate for relevant accreditation bodies (CHAS, Constructionline, SafeContractor etc.)
- Ensure that all new staff receive induction training specific for the requirements of H&S related to their own roles and responsibilities. Specifically for working at height. Recommend, design and deliver this training as necessary.
- Ensure that all subcontractors used by the organisation are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated annually and that records of this assessment are maintained.
To work with us you should have:
- Knowledge of H&S regulations and practical experience on H&S related activities.
- Experience of working in a regulatory/ compliance environment.
- Experience of working with contractors to create an open and collaborative environment.
- Effective communication skills both in writing and presentations.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence for vehicles in Cat B.
- Graduate level qualification preferable.
- NEBOSH National Construction Certificate.
- PASMA and IPAF for Managers.
- Manages Self.
- Communication Skills.
- Business Acumen and Commercial Awareness.
- Operational Excellence.
- Customer Management.
- Relationship Building and Networking.
Securitas are redefining the way that Security Officers are perceived within the security sector and unlike other security companies, we are driving solutions that combine people technology and knowledge rather than just static guarding. We are establishing a reputation that is second to none as we integrate with the operations teams within hundreds of high-profile companies.
We are breaking down the barriers in the security industry by encouraging and empowering gender diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Securitas is a company where you can come to develop a career, with access to training and the ability to gain qualifications, you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility. Our people are empowered and are not micro-managed. We trust people to do a good job and make a difference every day. We recognise our employee's efforts and achievements through our 'you make a difference awards' and quarterly 'community award' schemes.
We look after our staff in many ways and provide excellent benefits that include, various discounts on holidays and days out, support to gain your SIA licence, discounts in a variety of well-known shops and online stores, gym discounts, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, car leasing and new car discounts, City & Guilds accredited training programme and above all a genuine career roadmap
25,000.00 - 28,000.00 per year
see job spec
see job spec