Job Title: Educational Support Assistant (ESA)
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Job Type: Full time (term time only), Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 10am Monday 12th October 2020
Start Date: November 2020
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the country and rated as Outstanding at the last Ofsted Inspection.
They are now seeking to appoint Educational Support Assistant to work across the Faculty of Additional Learning Support.
- To work with groups of students under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of therapy and programmes of work
- To assist with the development and implementation of individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- To record students' progress in the classroom and during off site education provision and activities
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievements under the guidance of the teacher
- To provide support for students including the full range of communication systems, eating, drinking, personal care, mobility and medication, subject to supervision and training
- To support students off site in a variety of education opportunities
- To promote the inclusion of all students, ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students
- To encourage students to act independently as appropriate
- To occasionally supervise whole classes as required
- Ability to work at Level 2 NVQ or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate this standard has been reached
- Ability to use relevant technology e.g. iPads, PC, smart board, camera
- Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and how it affects students
- Relevant policies, codes of practice and legislation including safeguarding
- Have a clear understanding of the Asdan curriculum
- Have a clear understanding of the Numeracy and Literacy Curriculum
- An appreciation of equal opportunities and a commitment to its implementation
- An understanding of health and safety, and child protection issues
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the College's careers page and an application form.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: Educational Support Assistant, Special Educational Needs Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Learning Difficulties, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.