We have an exciting opportunity for an Education Officer to join our clients Research and Operations Team.
Position: Education Officer (Operational Support)
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon - "an area of outstanding natural beauty”
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Flexibility will be considered for home working for up to 2 days a week)
Salary: £27,931 per annum
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day's holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Monday 30 September 2019
As Education Officer you will support and guide employees working across the charity in the development and evaluation of both teaching resources and learning strategies in both national and international settings.
The Education Officer will:
- Develop and evaluate learning and training programmes at a variety of different levels, up and including degree level and in a wide range of global environments.
- Provide suitably relevant pedagogically-focused advice and guidance on the practicalities, accessibility and sustainability of learning approaches.
- Assist employees in the UK and globally settings to develop and implement teaching and training programmes focused on donkey welfare.
- Form appropriate and beneficial links with other educational institutions, industry, and relevant professions.
Educated to degree level and possessing a postgraduate teaching and learning qualification (e.g. PGCE, CertEd, PGCAP) or a post-graduate qualification in education, the Education Officer will bring with them:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the design and development of learning resources for tertiary education.
- Familiarity with using technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- A commitment to animal welfare and its promotion through education.
- Experience of education and learning in global settings with particular focus on tertiary level education.
- A track record of educational innovation and professional development.
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you. Based in Sidmouth, Devon - an area of outstanding natural beauty - this is a full-time, permanent contract starting as soon as possible.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
Our client is one of the UK's largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
"The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.