Job title: Ecommerce Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Days: Monday – Friday
An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Ecommerce Manager to join a well-established company based in Stockport!
The Company is a growing lifestyle retailer with a nautical heritage. Founded in 1996 their stores are predominantly in the South West of England with further plans to expand the store portfolio and a growing online presence. They specialise in jackets created from reclaimed canvas sailcloth, while expanding their offering over the years to produce a wide range of premium nautical inspired clothing and accessorises for both men and women (and dogs!).
Whether you work in one of their beautifully designed stores, head office or one of the warehouse buildings, all their staff have one thing in common; passion in the companies’ brand and pride in being part of the journey.
Accountable for providing and delivering the ecommerce strategy for the business. Responsible for the development of the company’s growth and presence online. Accountable for delivering key performance indicators.
- Identify, implement and deliver a robust Ecommerce strategy for the business, a critical element of the strategy will define how the Key Performance Indicators will be delivered
- Determine the parameters of the online presence of the business including developing the online marketing calendar and project managing any online-based projects. Continually improve the online presence of the brand.
- Marketing strategy identified, assessed against return on investment and delivered
- Manage stakeholders, generate ideas and suggest solutions to meet and exceed business needs
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for third parties and affiliates
- Planning and development of B2C e-mail database and e-mail marketing calendar
- Accountable for delivering Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for delivering year on year sales growth and meeting defined sales budgets
- Responsible for improving margin
- Responsible for increasing visitor numbers and increasing conversion
- Responsible for increasing average spend
- Accountable for analysing sales figures and trends to create actions and opportunities
- Responsible for devising and implementing digital marketing campaigns
- Understands customer buying behaviour and research and evaluate competitors
- Strive to continuously improve user experience on the site
- Drive traffic to the site, ensuring the site is search engine optimised
- Create and execute all marketing and promotional activities and appraise them for return on investment
- Report to the Board on a monthly basis, detailing current web usage and forthcoming developments
- Responsible for day to day management of the website
- Web maintenance and trouble shooting
- Creating, developing, and managing of all websites e.g. homepage banners, department pages and landing pages. Ensure all are up-to-date at all times
- Plan and co-ordinate seasonal collection launches and season sales on official store website, brand site, social media sites and other online trading channels, including allocating stock, scheduling photography, briefing creative and overseeing the product upload process
- Creating content to effectively support the customer journey right through to the check out
- Utilize internal data sources and web analytics tools to improve the customer’s transactional experience online
- Creating content that enhances and markets the brand
- Ensure content published is engaging, compelling and appropriate for the target audience
- Ensure website creative, stock levels and product merchandising are reviewed weekly
- Taking a user centred approach to web design incorporating testing and research techniques
- Management of third-party agency for pay-per-click and affiliate marketing, as well as ad-hoc SEO consultancy
- Oversee and cover (when required) the web order fulfilment process and customer services
- Communicate the Vision - translate into measurable goals and targets.
- Develop skills of the team - identify individual training needs as well as encourage effective teamwork
- Manage and motivate your team in all aspects of their role - give recognition and praise
- Mentor and develop your team
- Make your team accountable
- Share your knowledge with your team
- Responsible for training and induction of your team
- Developing your own skills and behaviours and seek opportunities for improvement
- Ensure all Health and Safety processes and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all stock management procedures are followed
- Completing all necessary reporting in a timely manner
- Ensure you keep yourself and your team up to date with changing processes and procedure: .
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other tasks and responsibilities appropriate for the Ecommerce Manager that are required
- E-commerce: 2 years (Preferred)
- Managing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
If you feel that you have the relevant skill/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
Competitive salary, plus benefits