With plenty of freedom and initiative, you'll provide invaluable support to the eCommerce Manager.
eCommerce is like a business in its own right, with teams covering Trading, Merchandising, Logistics, Content and Technology. And everything we learn about our customers – the way they shop and what products gets them excited – will help the rest of the Aldi business. Which means your enthusiasm, passion for online shopping and ability to think on your feet will really fit in.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And we're giving customers even more ways to shop at Aldi with our online store.
We are currently based in Tamworth whilst our Head Office in Atherstone gets a makeover, but the plan is to move back once the building is fully geared up to cope with our growth.
eCommerce Fulfilment (Carrier) Assistant
The Fulfilment Assistant - Carrier/Transport will oversee the final-mile of the Aldi eCommerce customer journey, from the warehouse to the customer door. Working closely with the Fulfilment team, the wider eCommerce department, the 3PL warehouse and our carrier (courier) partners, the Assistant will ensure that the highest levels of service are provided to Aldi and Aldi customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on, hard-working, solution-delivering individual to fill a critical role within a rapid growth eCommerce business.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Acting as a SME within eCommerce for all things delivery and carrier related
- Owning the carrier relationships for given carriers
- Owning carrier performance and contract management for given carriers
- Working closely with our carrier partners on a daily basis, including daily capacity planning for outbound deliveries
- Tenders, integrations and onboarding new carriers
- Carrier forecasting and financial planning
- Peak planning
- Chairing monthly carrier meetings to review carrier performance in line with all SLAs
- Resolving relevant operational queries raised by the carriers, the warehouse or customer services
- Working closely with the eCommerce retail team to ensure all products are set up to route with the correct carrier
- Producing accurate and actionable data based on real time performance
- Ensuring daily and weekly performance data is analysed and that reporting deadlines are met to maintain high levels of customer experience
- Delivering authoritative analysis and problem solving, defining clear root cause analysis and resolution pathways
- Playing an active role in the continuous improvement of your area
- Assisting with any other reasonable requests made by your direct leader
• Educated to A-Levels, equivalent, or above
• Recent or current transport/carriage/logistics, eCommerce fulfilment or operations experience
• Ability to manage day-to-day operational planning and analysis while maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues alike
• Confidence to manage and challenge carrier performance
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• A creative flair, with the ability to openly suggest new ideas
• Proactive and highly motivated team player
• Must be detail orientated, deadline driven and able to multi-task with exceptional organization and time management skills
• Educated to degree level or equivalent would be desirable