This is about analysing how well our online store performs, and using this knowledge to improve the way we do things.
You'll need to understand our customers, and really get to grips with how data can help every part of our business. It'll see you come up with new and innovative ideas, and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And we're giving customers even more ways to shop at Aldi with our online store.
We are currently based in Tamworth whilst our Head Office in Atherstone gets a makeover, but the plan is to move back once the building is fully geared up to cope with our growth.
eCommerce Continuous Improvement Analyst
ALDI are looking to recruit an eCommerce Continuous Improvement Analyst. This is a challenging opportunity for a driven and pro-active individual with excellent communication and organisation skills who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
Working as part of the eCommerce team, you will identify, design and deliver improvements to the fulfilment operation of an exciting new project, with the autonomy to shape the service across the entire UK business as it grows. The role is dynamic and will evolve as the project develops.
Responsibilities / Duties
• Analysing metrics and BI to identify key areas of opportunity to improve and optimise the operation
• Working with our BI & Reporting lead to identify any additional reporting requirements to help inform decision-making
• Visiting sites to understand the reality of existing operational processes
• Engaging with key stakeholders and SMEs across the business, as well as third parties to design and deliver improvements
• Liaising with existing third party software platform providers to realise efficiency savings and improve the user experience
• Researching new technologies and assessing their suitability to enhance the operation, seeking to minimise cost and optimise efficiency, whilst balancing the need to retain an exceptional service for the customer
• Producing business cases to generate the required levels of support and engagement across the department and wider business
• Working closely with our Operations lead to implement change and monitor uptake
• Supporting initial project trial planning and implementation during rollout
The role will initially be undertaken primarily from home before eventually moving to our office in Tamworth.
• A-Level Grade C or above or equivalent
• Experience in eCommerce Fulfilment
• Current working experience leading continuous improvement initiatives, with a particular focus on process and technology and a track record of improving the bottom line
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to influence key stakeholders
• Data driven and detail-focused, with the ability to identify root causes and trends from existing reporting
• Strong proven ability to prioritise and always meet deadlines
• Degree educated or equivalent is desirable
• Experience in Grocery Retail, experience in a project environment and managing relationships with third party suppliers is desirable
• Certification in continuous improvement e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen and an understanding of Agile is also desirable