This is about analysing how well our online store performs, and using this knowledge to improve the way we do things.
You'll need to understand our customers, and really get to grips with how data can help every part of our business. It'll see you come up with new and innovative ideas, and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And we're giving customers even more ways to shop at Aldi with our online store.
We are currently based in Tamworth whilst our Head Office in Atherstone gets a makeover, but the plan is to move back once the building is fully geared up to cope with our growth.
Business Analyst - Global Business Coordination
As part of a hugely ambitious global change programme you will join a team responsible for the successful implementation of new strategy, software systems and processes to improve the customer experience which, by working with other business functions, will ensure Aldi remains relevant in the changing digital world.
Your role will be varied, and will centre on developing and implementing globally aligned KPIs to support strategy implementation, enhance team performance across areas such as Marketing, Customer Service and Digital, and drive maximum benefit from the new systems. This will entail regular alignment with, and collection of information and data from, the ALDI South countries, but will also require a sound understanding of industry best practice to develop relevant and valuable KPIs for the business.
You will also be responsible for the development of business benefits which feed into the business’s annual financial planning and future forecasts. You will coordinate the tracking of these benefits by supporting the countries in establishing baselines to enable this, and provide consistent reporting of real performance against the benefit.
You will be required to evaluate and analyse data, create solutions, coordinate the execution of actions, and have a sound grasp of information technology. The role will also require you to work closely with other business functions to develop tools that are right for our business.
Ultimately, you will join a team at the forefront of shaping how Aldi operates in years to come and how we deliver incredible value and experience to our customers.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
• Developing and implementing a set of globally aligned KPIs
• Tracking of, and reporting on, business benefits
• Ongoing development of strategy
• Working with different levels of customer data, including: market, segment, purchase habits
• Analysis of business data and Market research
• Preparation of reports, presentations and dashboards • Effective change management - build strong relationships with key business users across multiple countries
• Working cross functionally to drive forward topics
• Facilitation of workshops and coordination of tasks
• Sound and consistent reporting of project status
• Ownership and maintenance of strategic and technical documentation that will be discussed and utilised by senior stakeholders
• Willing to travel to Aldi South countries as required
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to gather and define requirements, and generate recommendations which suit all
• Experience of working with data analytics tools
• Experience of data gathering, manipulation and analysis
• Presentation of data sets in the form of reports, dashboards, written and verbal presentation
• Prior experience of working with and developing KPIs
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, with excellent Microsoft Excel skills, along with the ability to quickly understand new software
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritise multiple projects and execute tasks while under pressure, delivering to project time-frames