Ecologist Consultant- Cardiff- up to £28,000
Have you done a couple of seasons and looking for a permanent role?
Do you have a passion for protecting wildlife?
Do you have a degree in Ecology or similar?
An Ecology consultant is required to join a team in Cardiff on a permanent basis for a huge project.
- Working as an integral member with a national Ecology team
- Conduct desk based studies, surveys and reports
- Conduct field based studies, surveys and reports
- Conduct Preliminary Ecological Appraisals - PEA
- Lead extended phase 1 habitat surveys
- Assess sites for protected species and habitats
- Design, lead and Plan surveys
- Assist with ecological mitigation design
- Undertake a variety of habitat and species surveys and produce reports
- You will work a range of all sizes ranging from large infrastructure projects, bridge repair/maintenance, through school/small scale projects
- Working with multi-disciplinary project teams
Your essential requirements:
- Full or associate membership of CIEEM or IEMA
- Extensive experience of Preliminary Ecologist Appraisals (PEA)
- Ability to undertake extended phase 1 habitat surveys
- Competent in assessing sites for potential to support protected and notable species
- Excellent report writing skills
- IT skills
- Working knowledge of mitigation principles and environmental/ wildlife legislation
- Full driving license
- Honours degree in Ecology or similar
- Ideal but not essential - Bat Licence or Great Crested Nute (GCN)
This role will involve travelling around to different sites and will require you to commute to the Cardiff office when not in the field.
You will also be required to work a variety of hours including unsociable hours in order get the task done.
This is an opportunity to work for the UK's largest multinational consultancies
It will be a one-two stage interview process and to start ASAP
If you or anyone you know is interested then please contact Osman on 0161 247 8802 or email your CV
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.