Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Part Time Outreach Domiciliary Support Worker to join our team in Peterlee/Easington.
Essential Care and Support provide person centred support to individuals with complex needs, these include learning disabilities, autism, mental health and personality disorders.
The role will be to support a gentleman with learning disabilities in his own own who need 2:1 care. This will include manual handling, personal care and driving him to appointments and activities.
The position is 20 hours per week.
The person we support requires x3 visits daily Monday-Friday
8:15 – 10:00 – To deliver personal care get ready and support to day service he attends
15:00 – 16:00 – pick up from day service and return home/ Personal care
19:15 – 20:30 – Personal care/Night time routine
6 hours Saturday and 5 hours Sunday for activities
A Driver is essential for the position but the person we support has their own mobility car.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £8.76
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.